- Health & Medicine
- People with Disabilities
Location17 Point West BlvdSuite ASaint Charles, MO 63301 United States
To provide a community-based, community-supported, economically viable and consumer-oriented, quality transportation service for seniors, adults with visual impairment. and adults with disabilities 21 and older.
The Independent Transportation Network is more than a "good cause," it's a necessary one; it's an important one. We do substantially more than provide rides for older people, visually impaired and adults with disabilities. We're helping to solve a huge social need. Seniors now have an alternative to driving that preserves their independence even as it ensures our roads are safe and our communities are healthy. Visually impaired and adults with disabailities now have the option to engage and work in the community.
Our service helps
- families and friendships endure;
- adult children minimize their absenteeism from work;
- businesses remain profitable;
- adults with disabilities and the visually impaired can more fully participate in daily work and activities
- and seniors begin a new chapter in their lives that no longer includes loneliness, dependence, burden or immobility.
Transportation is a complex problem that touches every family in America. In fact, it touches every family in every industrial country in the world. We must think of senior transportation as a lifelong need for which we must plan, just as we plan for retirement or long-term care needs.