One of the most rewarding of all volunteer opportunities, these tutors help English-speaking adults from the Corona-Norco area to acquire or improve very basic reading and writing skills. They meet with adult students at the library one-on-one or once or twice a week. With guided goal-setting and supportive materials, tutors can truly see the difference they make in someone's life. This program is affiliated with California Library Literacy Services, a part of the California State Library.
All volunteers will undergo a full background check, including Live Scan, paid for by the City of Corona
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week on a long-term basis
- Special Needs Program Aide
- "Bingo!" Leader
- Change a Life: Teach an Adult to...
- Homework Center Coordinator
- Teach Tai Chi at the Senior...
- Facility Assistant- Corona's...
- Local History Bilingual...
- Story Time Assistant - Help...
- Tech Coach - Help Library Users...
- ZUMBA! Teach it to Seniors!
- Teach Balance & Flexibility to...