Membership is open to citizens of the United States and its territories and possessions, who are 17 years of age or older
Facility (radio station, boat or aircraft) ownership is desirable but not mandatory. Individuals with special training or experience in any Auxiliary program are encouraged to join.
Membership is also open to all active duty or former members of any of the uniformed services and their reserve components.
As an Auxiliarist, you have an opportunity to increase your knowledge of boating safety and acquire special training through advanced classes that enhances the value of you to the Auxiliary while adding to your own boating pleasure.
You will find great personal satisfaction in providing a valuable public service to the boaters. The possibility of saving lives is always in your path as an Auxiliarist.
Dedication to boating safety provides you with the atmosphere for getting together to swap boating experiences and participate in exercises, group outings, etc. You'll find a special fellowship among Auxiliarists that's hard to beat. There's time to relax and have fun at Auxiliary outings, rendezvous, cruises and conferences. Auxiliarists make lasting, meaningful friendships.
You are entitled to wear a uniform similar to those worn by the Coast Guard. There are many Auxiliary activities that require you to wear a uniform in order to participate, especially when you are dealing with the public.
- Membership Application filled out with the Personnel Services Staff Officer (FSO-HR) (PDF Version)
- New Member Exam (Online Exam / New Member Handbook / Study Guide)
- Citizenship Verification. Original documents must been seen and provide three (3) photo copies.
- Fingerprints on USCG provided cards. The Flotilla will provide this service.
- Picture of applicant wearing a light blue shirt with a red background. The Flotilla will provide this service
- Boating Safety Course
- Check for $63 payable to US Coast Guard Auxuliary Flotilla 41-4
- Teaching / Instruction
- Web Design / UX
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- We would like members to attend monthly meetings
- You get out of this what you put in.