The Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging is a non-profit organization that serves the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area. In partnership with public and private organizations, MAAA helps elders age successfully by building community capacity, advocating for aging issues, maximizing service effectiveness and linking people with information.
MAAA is looking for a volunteer to assist with front desk receptionist and office assistant duties.
- Answer incoming calls, direct callers to staff and take messages
- Greet visitors to the agency in a friendly, professional manner
- Retrieve voicemails for the Senior LinkAge Line
- Data entry
- Assist with meeting preparation (prepare mailings and materials, scheduling and arranging rooms, word processing of agendas, maintaining files, making coffee, arranging for refreshments and other duties as needed)
- Prepare and coordinate mailings. Distribute mail and flag important correspondence.
- Assist with special projects and other office duties as needed
- Prepare and post daily meeting room schedules
- Email weekly reminder to staff assigned to kitchen duty
- Check for faxes
- Keep front desk & reception area neat & orderly
TIME COMMITMENT: One to two four or more hour shifts per week; Monday-Friday, 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m.
CONTACT: If interested, please contact: Lynette Bauer, Volunteer Coordinator, 651-917-4638, email@example.com
An application, background check and informal interview must be completed before starting.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18