BARCC's biggest and busiest volunteer program, our 24-hour hotline receives over 5,000 calls per year that are primarily answered by volunteers like you. Volunteers provide crisis counseling over the telephone for survivors and their significant others. They also provide resources and referrals to callers.
Visit http://www.barcc.org/join/volunteer-intern/volunteer/apply to apply!
Requirements and Details:
- Completion of a 40-hour Rape Crisis Counselor training and a "buddy" shift after graduation from training (see www.barcc.org for updated training schedule).
- Attend mandatory Peer Supervision on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:00pm
- Sign up for at least one shift per week. Shifts are usually about 3-5 hours in length and every shift gets calls. Shifts are available 24-hours a day.
- Have access to a landline or a cell phone for use during your shift.
- You must have a quiet, confidential location in which to take calls during your shift (you do not have to come into the BARCC offices during your shift; calls may be taken remotely.)
- The Hotline is currently seeking volunteers of all genders!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training