Provide welcoming presence, information, and brief instruction to all inquirers and walkers for the bi-monthly open labyrinth walk at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Clinic, which is located at 825 Eastlake Avenue East on the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's campus. Volunteer Labyrinth Hosts are stationed in Conference Room 1006-1008 on the first floor or immediately outside the door.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent guest relations for patients, families, and staff to those who come by to read the labyrinth poster and/or to walk the labyrinth.
- Greet each walker; greet those reading the poster when appropriate.
- Offer the "open journal" for those who would like to write about their experience after walking the labyrinth.
- Help inquirers have better, more helpful knowledge about labyrinths and about the basic rules and guidelines for walking our labyrinth.
- Provide empathic spiritual and emotional support by being an attentive, respectful listener. Empower individuals to contact the appropriate Pastoral Care staff when they have questions or concerns or needs for follow-up. This includes making a referral for a chaplain to follow-up with the individual's permission.
- Strive to remain compassionate, non-judgmental, and open when assisting people who have lifestyles, spiritual beliefs, and interests that are different from your own.
- Respect the privacy of patients, family members, and staff as well as abide by the Volunteer Services and Pastoral Care confidentiality policies.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21