Mizell Senior Center
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where480 S. Sunrise WayPalm Springs, CA 92262
Volunteers at Mizell Senior Center
Aunt Betty’s Attic:
- Volunteers are needed to work in Mizell’s new re-sale shop, "Aunt Betty’s Attic." Retail sales, pricing, stocking, and most of all, meeting great people. Store hours are from 8am-4pm. You should be able to give us at least one four-hour shift a week. Available shifts Monday through Friday, from 8am-12pm and 12pm-4pm.
- If you enjoy playing bingo, this may be the job for you. You would be helping out every Monday from 12pm-4pm, doing things like selling packets, calling numbers and keeping the room tidy.
- Can you play an instrument? Piano? Guitar? We could use you and your talents to entertain our members and guests at lunch or to liven up any of our other activities on an as needed basis. Let us know!
- Now here’s a job for someone who really likes helping people, answering phones, greeting visitors and providing information to our members. You really should have some computer skills and have an outgoing personality. You should be able to give us at least one four-hour shift a week.
- Enjoy working in the kitchen? This is the volunteer position for you. The hours are 10:00 am until 1:00 pm at least one day per week preparing the food for serving and general kitchen duties.
- Here’s a job that’s just like home. You would be setting out the placemats and table settings, serving the lunches in our congregate dining room. You could work as little as one day a week or more if you have the time. Hours are 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
- Meet, greet and welcome our café lunch attendees. Cashier skills a must. You could work as little as one day a week or more if you have the time. Hours are 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
- This activity is under the direction of AARP. You would be helping to prepare income tax returns up to four hours per week. A training program is held during the month of January with the counseling held from February through April 15th.
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Food Service
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Accounting Opportunity with the...
- Rancho Mirage COPS
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Riverside County Sheriff's...
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- Blythe Community Center
- Palm Desert COPS
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse