Cathedral City Citizens on Patrol (COP)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where68-700 Avenida Lalo GuerreroCathedral City, CA 92234
Currently Citizens on Patrol (COP) consists of 23 unpaid volunteers. The Cathedral City Police Department’s Citizens On Patrol is a tremendous help to the police department and the community. You may see our COP car driving through your neighborhood looking for graffiti, towing abandoned vehicles, or directing traffic at a traffic collision.
Citizens on patrol have the opportunity to work in different areas of the Police Department, special events, and major incidents. Some of the areas that COP currently assists the department in are:
- Pawn Detail
- National Night Out
- Traffic Bureau
- DUI Check Points
New opportunities are opening up for COP to assist the department every year. All COP personnel receive special training from sworn police officers and attend monthly meetings. When out on the streets COPs are an extra set of eyes and ears for the police department as well. Cathedral City Police Department Citizens on Patrol are a tremendous help to the department in so many other ways.
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Regional Access Project Foundation
- Baby or Not Pregnancy Choice
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- Sky Valley Citizens on Patrol
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- The Narrow Door
- YMCA Of The Desert
- SafeHouse of the Desert
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse