MEALS ON WHEELS VOLUNTEER
HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN:
- Go to the website tcoa.org
- Complete the Meals on Wheels volunteer application. You can submit it on line, by mail or in person at Tri-County Office on Aging.
- The Meals on Wheels office serving your area will contact you to set up a training.
- One hour, over the noon hour
- Physical ability to deliver meals
- Attend a 1 hour training class before volunteering
- A vehicle to use while delivering meals
- Complete a criminal background check
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Pick up meals at a designated time and place
- Deliver to each home as designated on route sheet
- Return meal containers to a designated area
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour over lunch, 1 or more times per month.