Auxiliary Board Committee Members
1 person is interested
Mentor's R Us Inc. (MRU) is a non-profit organization seeking to inspire and model sustainable life skills through the engagement in hands on experiences for youth and adults.
MRU is currently seeking an Auxillary Board Committee Member who will help plan, organize, and carry-out fundraising or mission-driven events to generate revenue for MRU's programs. Events may include mission driven parties/dinner, 5 mile run/walk, bake sales, auctions, or other fundraising activities. Will also be responsible finding support from small businesses in the area.
A time commitment of five (7) hours per week depending on demands. Travel to event locations and MRU office will be required.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Monitor event activities and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Confer with staff to coordinate details.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they fit event requirements.
- Coordinate services for events such as catering, displays, special needs requirements, printing, transportation.
- Consult with customers to determine goals and requirements for events such as meetings or conferences.
- Supervise employees and contractors as necessary.
- Develop event financial plans.
- The Committee is ongoing; Projects are rolling
Qualifications of a successful candidate will include:
- Highly motivated and creative
- Prior experience planning events
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work without supervision
- Strong follow-up and negotiation skills
We'll work with your schedule.
At Select LocationsWithin 20 miles of this locationStroudsburg, PA 18360
- Youth Services
- Public Relations
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Five (5) hours per week.
- Travel to MRU office location may be required.