Mentor's R Us Inc. (MRU) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to teach and guide disadvantaged youth and adolescents by providing developmental services through mentorship programs.
MRU is currently seeking a Development Fund Committee Member who will plan, organize, and carry-out fundraising or mission driven events to generate seed money for MRU programs. Events may include mission driven parties/dinner, 5 mile run/walk, bake sales, auctions, or other fund raising activities. Will also be responsible finding support from small businesses in the area.
A time commitment of five (5) hours per week depending on demands. Travel to event location and MRU office may be required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Monitor event activities and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Confer with staff to coordinate details.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they fit event requirements.
- Coordinate services for events such as catering, displays, special needs requirements, printing, transportation.
- Consult with customers to determine goals and requirements for events such as meetings or conferences.
- Supervise employees and contractors as necessary.
- Develop event financial plans.
- The Commitee is ongoing; Projects are rolling
Qualifications of a successful candidate will include:
- Highly motivated and creative
- Prior experience planning events
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work without supervision
- Strong follow-up and negotiation skills
- Youth Services
- Public Relations
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 20
- Five (5) hours per week.
- Travel to MRU office location may be required.
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Marketing Committee Member
- Adminstrative Intern & Driver
- Program Research Development
- Enrollment Coordinator
- Administrative Volunteer
- Principal Trainer
- Virtual Grant Writer
- Local Grant Writer
- Marketing & Business Plan Writer
- Development Fund Committe Members
- Media Distribution Volunteer
- Editor & Written Communicator