Mentor's R Us Inc. (MRU) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to teach and guide disadvantaged youth and adolescents by providing developmental services through mentorship programs.
MRU is currently seeking Mentor's who will provide developmental services to underprivileged children and youth within
the community. Mentor's effectively help youth with organization and routine development that will facilitate completion of daily responsibilities. This is completed by creating actions plans and following-up with goals set by mentor's. Examples of basic life skills may include life skills, interpersonal skills, social skills, hygiene, shopping, proper nutrition, cooking, conflict resolution skills, faith talks, money management, and any other unique challenge. Mentor's also make connections to vocation, educational resources, and other community resources as needed.
A time commitment of two (2) full days a month. Work will be at designated or assigned locations. May be responsible for driving up to 100+ miles.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as a coach or teach life lessons for mentee's
- Develop personal and positive rapport with youth.
- Meets with mentee on a consistent basis.
- May be responsible for driving.
- Creating goals, action plans and checking benchmarks.
Qualifications of a successful candidate will include:
- Between the ages of 24 - 44.
- Clean background check.
- Valid PA drivers license
- Able to work in the US
- Reliable transportation
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to travel up to 100+ miles
- A small financial requirement (TBA)
- Desire to work with youth
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a high level of patience
- Child Development
- Event Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- Two (2) full days a month.
- May be responsible for driving to/from locations and events.
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Marketing Committee Member
- Adminstrative Intern & Driver
- Enrollment Coordinator
- Administrative Volunteer
- Ad/Commercial Volunteer
- Principal Trainer
- Virtual Grant Writer
- Local Grant Writer
- Marketing & Business Plan Writer
- Development Fund Committe Members
- Mentor's Wanted
- Media Distribution Volunteer
- Editor & Written Communicator