18 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Mentor's R Us Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
18 people are interested
Mentor's R Us Inc. (MRU) is Christian non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and model sustainable life skills through the engagement in hands-on experiences for youth and adults.
MRU is currently seeking Remote Mentor's who will provide developmental services to youth within the community. Mentor's effectively help youth with the organization and routine development that will facilitate the completion of daily responsibilities. This is completed by creating action plans and following-up with goals set by mentor's. Mentor's will help youth with Life skills workshops by creating ThreeDVisionBoards and helping youth problem solve.
Examples of basic life skills may include life skills, interpersonal skills, social skills, hygiene, shopping, proper nutrition, cooking, conflict resolution skills, faith talks, money management, and any other unique challenges. Mentor's also make connections to vocation, educational resources, and other community resources as needed.
A time commitment of at least two three hour days a week.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as a coach or teach life lessons for mentee's
- Develop personal and positive rapport with youth.
- Meet with mentee on a consistent basis.
- Meet via social media with team and with Mentee on technology such as Zoom, Skype, etc.
- Creating goals, action plans and checking benchmarks.
- Must have computer & access to Skype or Zoom
- Must have Cell Phone
Qualifications of a successful candidate will include:
- Between the ages of 24 - 45.
- Clean background check.
- Valid PA drivers license
- Able to work in the US
- Reliable transportation
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to travel up to 25+ miles
- A small financial requirement (TBA)
- Desire to work with youth
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a high level of patience
- Ability to Meet for training before Workshop Start dates
- Flexible free time to participate in eight-week workshop with youth
About Mentor's R Us Inc.
At Select Locations, Scotrun Estates, ScotRun, PA 18332, US
Mentors R Us Inc. (MRU) is 501 c3 Christian non-profit organization seeking to inspire youth & adults by modeling sustainable life skills. What sets MRU apart from other non profits is our commitment to effective service, relationship building & our unique program designs. All are welcome to volunteer!!!!!
MRU acknowledges that Inspiration can unlock the keys to hidden potential in youth and adults. Our Programs match real world experiences with dreams that seem unattainable.
This program promises to improve relationships, self-esteem, social & life skills, emotional stability, morals, health and spiritual awareness. Mentor's and Mentees meet in teams for extra support. Activities are pre-arranged by topic to create the most beneficial environment for the youth and the Mentor.
MRU's Independent Living Program: Mentor's & Mentee's will share living quarters as MRU's philosophy expand to the home base. Mentee's will transition through the program in approximately three years until they gain their own independence into society.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 22, 2022
- Child Development
- Event Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- For Part-time Mentors Five (5) full days a month. For Full Time be on call to participate in on-call weekend and other scheduled assignments with youth. All are volunteer positions.
- Pass Background Checks which you will pay the company directly $15.00 for the screening.