The Phoenix Convention Center's theatrical venues are currently seeking high energy, community service focused volunteers who are looking for opportunities to contribute some time to local arts organizations! There are opportunities for individuals and groups. The Convention Center owns and operates the historic Orpheum Theatre located at 203 West Adams Street and Symphony Hall at 75 N. Second Street (2nd Street and Adams ). Events at the Orpheum Theatre and Symphony Hall are staffed with volunteers serving in the role of usher.
Ushers are engaged as hosts, and are the most visible reflection of service during events. Duties include: greet attendees, hand out programs, escort patrons to their correct seats, provide direction, and answer facility questions. Ushers are relied upon to be courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful to the clients and patrons. In this manner, volunteer ushers are in a position to positively impact the experience of the patrons of the arts in Phoenix , thereby benefiting those who utilize these facilities.
Adults and adolescents 15-18 are encouraged to join us.
Ushers have the added benefit of enjoying the shows!
We request that all volunteers be trained in both of our venues which requires attending one training session in eachtheater.
Upcoming training dates are:
- Monday, December 5 th at Symphony Hall and Orpheum Theatre at 10am (training begins at Symphony Hall) and will end at approximately 1:00pm
- Tuesday, December 6 th from 5pm - 7pm at Symphony Hall
- Tuesday, December 13 th from 11am - 1:00pm at Orpheum Theatre
- Tuesday, December 13 th from 5pm - 7pm at Symphony Hall
- Friday, December 16 th at Symphony Hall and Orpheum Theatre at 10am (training begins at Symphony Hall) and will end at approximately 1:00pm
Please RSVP for these training sessions via email at 'firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- 2 shifts a month 4 hours per shift