Our Ebenezer Care Center (nursing home) residents love to have visitors. If you enjoy elders and appreciate the stories they tell, this is the perfect volunteer position for you. If you have a special hobby or interest in arts or sports, we can match you to a senior who would love to share their passion. Our residents also love volunteers to read to them. If you like to paint nails, we have some residents who would love to have you give them a mini-manicure too. There are many possibilities for perfect matches! This position has a flexible schedule. However, our residents appreciate routine events so if you can volunteer once a week for 1-2 hours for a regularly scheduled visit and commit to at least 3 months, that works best.
Examples of 1:1 Activities in high need:
Reading to residents
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Meal Server / Park Apts
- One-to-One Visitor for Nursing...
- Beauty Shop Escort
- Pet Visitor/Dogs
- Adult Day Center 1:1 volunteer
- Monthly Birthday Party
- Pianist - Holiday Parties - 2017
- Saturday Game Day Facilitator
- Santa Clause - Ebenezer...
- Book Cart Volunteer
- Summer Lake Outings With Seniors
- Spiritual Health Survey
- Special Performance at Ebenezer...
- Bingo Companion Volunteer
- Arts and Crafts Volunteer
- Arboretum Outings
- Movie Assistant - Popcorn and...
- Arboretum Outing
- Weekly Bowling at the Care Center