Respond to Local Fires and Disasters - Adams County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a local home fire and disaster response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicate scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
- Time Commitment
Flexible scheduling weekday, weeknight or weekends. Be on call monthly to respond to disasters approximately 4 times per month in addition to commitment to training goals and attending volunteer meetings.
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Remains current with all required training
- Able to respond reliably when on call
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems, including RC Respond and online interfaces
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene
- Ability to take direction from steady state and operational leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Stand for two-hour periods
- Sit for two-hour periods
- Walk on uneven terrain
- Walk for two miles during a shift
- Work in extreme heat and/or humidity
- Work in extreme cold
- Spend hours writing
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
- Climb two or more flights of stairs
- Drive in daytime and at night
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Gettysburg, PA 17325
February 14, 2024
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible scheduling weekday, weeknight or weekends. Be on call monthly to respond to disasters approximately 4 times per month in addition to commitment to training goals and attending volunteer meetings.
- see description