22 people are interested
Rehab (PT/OT/Cardiac/Pulmonary) Services Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Sharp Memorial Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
The Sharp Experience. It is what makes Sharp different from other providers. We focus on patient centered care and that is exactly how volunteers make a difference every shift here at Sharp Metro Campus. Patient and Family-Centered Care is responsive to priorities, preferences, and values of patients and their families.
We are actively recruiting for our Rehabilitation Teams at Sharp Metro Campus. We have multiple options for volunteers to choose from depending on their interest and schedule availability. Please note that this department is not open on the weekends. These are all weekday opportunities.
How Do Volunteers Make A Difference:
- Assist in cleaning and organizing the therapy gym(s) as assigned including, but not limited to, cleaning mat tables, disinfecting equipment, and changing linens
- Assist professional staff with clerical duties, such as filing reports, copying, faxing, and breaking down charts
- Transport patients by wheelchair within the rehabilitation center and on hospital grounds
- Assist professional staff with therapeutic activities such as transporting the LiteGait, providing equipment to patients, and tossing balls/balloons during therapeutic activities. There will be no direct, hands-on patient contact
- Assist with patients and staff during lunch and understand dietary restrictions
- Assist in language translation as appropriate for nonmedical translation
- Observe treatments
- Assist with pre-screening patients for wellness prior to exercise.
- Assist with planning patient exercise progression
- Encourage patients during exercises and answer questions regarding equipment
- Escort patients on and off exercise equipment
- Assist patients with telemetry boxes
- Assist with blood pressure machines if needed
- Clean and organize gym equipment
- Assist staff with assessing ADL needs / resources (Activities of Daily Living)
- Assist staff with maintaining Covid-free environment
If you are a PT student, although it is great experience, Cardiac & Pulmonary Therapies do not count towards your required hours for applying to DPT school.
If you are interested to see how we are still active and involved in the recovery process of our patients, Rehabilitation may be the best option for you!
Apply Today! Adult Volunteer Application (sharp.com/volunteer)
*All volunteers receive a $6 meal credit in the cafeteria during their shift.*
08:00 AM to 11:45 AM
Morning Shifts vary 8AM-11AM, 8-12PM, 9-12PM, 9-12:15PM (depending on department)
12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
Afternoon Shifts vary 12-3, 12-4, 1-4 (depending on department)
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Sharp Memorial Hospital
7901 Frost Street, San Diego, CA 92123, US
It is our mission to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. Our goal is to offer quality care and programs that set community standards, exceed patients' expectations and are provided in a caring, convenient, cost-effective and accessible manner.
The new Sharp Memorial Hospital opened in 2009. The 368-bed hospital features private patient rooms, sleeper sofas for loved ones, state-of-the-art surgery suites and the largest and most modern emergency and trauma center in San Diego.
Sharp Memorial, part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, is also a MAGNET hospital for nursing and patient care excellence. This designation is the "gold standard" for patient care and nursing excellence and it is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Only 22 hospitals in California are MAGNET hospitals. Sharp Memorial has been a part of San Diego health care history for more than 50 years. It continues to be at the forefront of medical technology and patient satisfaction.
Apply Today: Welcome to VSys Live (sharp.com)
Frequently Asked Questions: Frequently Asked Questions for Sharp Hospital Volunteers - San Diego
Volunteer Requirements: Volunteer Requirements - San Diego - Sharp Memorial Hospital
7901 Frost StreetSan Diego, CA 92123
February 15, 2024
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- People Skills
- Occupational Therapy
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum commitment of 100 hours Shifts are usually four hours, once or twice a week Volunteers commit to same day and time each week
- Apply Online Attend Virtual Information Session In-Person Interview (When Accepted) Health Clearance: vaccine check (Covid, MMR, Tdap, Varicella, Flu) & TB Check