3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Volunteer Position Description: Videographer
Humane Action Pittsburgh has a need for a passionate and talented videographer to volunteer their skills to record events for campaigns, marketing, and our website.
Purpose of the Position
- Allow HAP to put its best foot forward visually
- Educate HAP members on local, state, and federal issues pertaining to animal and environmental welfare
- Document important events and other special occasions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and capture all HAP major events (around 10 per year) and some smaller meetings and get togethers
- Provide digital files of recordings to HAP staff in a timely manner
- Create useable, edited film clips from raw footage
- Give feedback on ways we could utilize videography to further our mission
- Record people, places, merchandise, and other things as needed for specific campaign materials
HAP staff will provide the training necessary for this position. Training will be done over Zoom and will take no more than 1 hour
Skills and Qualifications
- Videography experience and equipment
- Editing skills and software
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability work independently
- Basic computer literacy
- Able to work in in a friendly, professional and non-partisan manner
- Ability to meet deadlines
- ***If you have Photographer skills we are also looking for a person for that role. Please mention if you want to be considered for both
Time Commitment Required
Varies but 2-3 hours on average for an event, the gala being a notable exception lasting for around 4 hours.
1 required Zoom meeting per month
Other meetings as needed
Varies for videography.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Know you are key to making a difference in the betterment of animals by educating the community on important animal-related issues
- Take your passion for animal protection and put it into action
- Be a valued HAP team member
- Build your volunteer resume and gain exposure
Shannon Dickerson, Director of Operations
Natalie Ahwesh, Executive Director
What Volunteers Can Expect From HAP
- Support of HAP leadership and members
- Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.
Grant StreetPittsburgh, PA 15219
December 22, 2023
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Time Commitment Required Varies but 2-3 hours on average for an event, the gala being a notable exception lasting for around 4 hours. 1 required Zoom meeting per month Other meetings as needed