Onboarding and Training for Disaster teams - Greater PA
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Onboarding and Training Lead-Greater Pennsylvania Disaster team
Do you have an HR background or volunteer management experience? Are you looking to demonstrate and sharpen leadership development skills? Give the gift of your people-management skills and make an impact within our American Red Cross Disaster Response team!
The purpose of the Onboarding and Placement Lead is to initiate a Disaster Cycle Services relationship and engage the volunteer worker by providing assignments matching their motivation and interests, while filling Disaster Cycle Services open positions and meeting service delivery demands. The steps in Onboarding/Placement include: * Interview * Department Overview * Initial Engagement
- Develop, implement, and provide oversight to regional tasks ensuring all new volunteer applicants are interviewed, placed in an activity for engagement, provided a supervisor and department overview within established standards.
- Active participation on the Disaster Workforce Engagement Team.
- Engage volunteers to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Collaborate to ensure worker satisfaction with tasks and active involvement, providing timely feedback, and monitoring the completion of training.
- Participate in the annual Volunteer Needs Assessment and Recruitment Plan activities.
- Serve as the primary regional representative (or assign designee) on Division Disaster Readiness Workgroups
Day-to-Day ("Steady State")
* Approximately 8 volunteer hours per month, on-site or from home
* Monthly chapter disaster meetings; Quarterly chapter & regional meetings or teleconferences
* About 8 hours of training per year (in-person and/or on-line)
* Take part in at least 2 drills and exercises per year
* Available some day and evening hours in order to meet new volunteers
During a Disaster ("operational state")
* 2-4 days depending on the extent of disaster/ volunteer need
* Typical start time is 8am; end time is 5 or 6pm
* Partial days may be possible
To Get started: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=76003&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations York, PA 17401
February 14, 2024
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Capacity Planning
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 8 volunteer hours per month, on-site or from home - see description for more details