Georgia Region Duty Officer/Dispatcher - Berrien County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Georgia Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Georgia Region Duty officer acts as a dispatcher for our Disaster Action Team (DAT) responses.
This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) department. Most of the 60,000 emergencies that the Red Cross responds to each year are local, personal disasters like home fires. Disaster Action Teams (DAT) provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery. The Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses. The Duty Officer supports the DAT program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
- Triages requests received to determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of event to escalate the DAT response when necessary.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- May support and train new Duty Officers.
- Liaises necessary information to leadership and other stakeholders.
- May be tasked with composing Initial Incident Reports (IIR) dependent upon regional processes.
- Ensures response compliance in accordance with the DAT Standards and Procedures.
- Maintains close working relationship with DAT Regional Program Lead, Chapter/Territory DAT Coordinators and Regional RC Respond Application Lead to ensure responders are identified and scheduled.
- Reliable access to a computer, internet, and a phone.
- Comfortable using and learning new technology.
- Commitment to use RC Care and RC Respond systems as needed.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in complex, rapidly changing and stressful situations.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work for long periods on a computer.
- Ability to speak clearly on the phone.
- Willingness to comply with current public health and Red Cross policies.
About American Red Cross - Georgia Region
1955 Monroe Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Nashville, GA 31639
January 15, 2024
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts are six hours in length (on call) and we require at least one shift per month (more would be better).
- Required: Demonstrated leadership and communication skills Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses