Foster Application Vetter - REMOTE
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Pets Alive!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Foster Application Vetter - REMOTE
Making North Texas a No-Kill community is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, Dallas Pets Alive is a non-profit organization focused on animal welfare and saving pets. DPA needs a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Foster Application Vetter, you will be making a huge impact on this mission by being the first line of communication to potential DPA fosters.
About Dallas Pets Alive : https://dallaspetsalive.org
**TO BE CONSIDERED, please complete our Official Volunteer Application: https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Assistant Foster Directors, Foster Director, VP of Animal Operations and the Executive Director.
Works with: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with other application vetters and foster team leadership.
The Foster Application Vetter will conduct reviews and onboarding of those who have applied to foster.
- Foster application vetters will be processing applications to foster that come in via email.
- Respond to all in a timely manner with canned email responses.
- Make/edit notes regarding status as the app is worked.
- Input data into the appropriate area of ShelterLuv.
- Report findings to the team so further action may be taken in sending out Welcome email when applications have been approved.
- Professionally able to decline a foster offer when needed.
Contact With: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with foster team leaders, potential foster parents, and other volunteers. Contacts with others will require tactful exchanges and a positive, professional demeanor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have related animal/rescue group experience preferred.
- Ability to work virtually (phone, email). Must be able to access to the internet on assigned day.
- Must be moderately proficient in use of a computer.
- Must have excellent written communication skills, and be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
- Must be comfortable interacting on behalf of DPA, as well as approving & declining applicants as needed.
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week
14 More opportunities with Dallas Pets Alive!9 Reviews
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 PRESTON ROAD, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we focus on:
- Rescuing healthy and treatable pets at North Texas shelters at the greatest risk of being euthanized
- Reducing owner surrender through our Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender (PASS) program
- Opening kennel space by transporting pets to partners in the U.S. and Canada in need of adoptable animals
- Challenging the way our community views rescue animals. We believe that adoption is not only right thing to do but THE thing to do!
Please visit our website for additional information. **We don't have a physical location**
*At this time, we do not accept court-ordered service hours nor track community service hours.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 31, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week