Help Guide the Financial Future of our Nonprofit as Volunteer Board Treasurer
ORGANIZATION: AFRICA STRONG INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
Accountable To: Africa Strong Inc. Board President & Africa Strong Inc Executive Director
Africa Strong Inc.’s Mission: To provide a safe and quality learning environment to improve learning outcomes for the communities we serve in rural Southwestern Uganda.
Africa Strong Inc.’s Strategy: Partner with like-minded organizations to address the three underlying challenges that prevent students from receiving a quality and relevant education today by providing resources to up skill teachers, increase access to conducive learning environments, and removing barriers for girl education.
- Corporate or non-profit finance/treasurer experience
- Accounting background preferred
- Passion for education and interest in Africa (Uganda)
Please expect to contribute approximately 5 hours per month
Actively participate in all Africa Strong Inc board meetings (4-6 annually)
- All board meetings are conducted virtually
- We do everything we can to accommodate all board member schedules. However, if two or more meetings are missed in a calendar year, that board member may be removed from the board for the following year.
Actively participate on at least one committee, and no more than two committees.
- Participate in at least 75% of the committee meetings (virtual). Contribute to action items stemming from committee meetings.
- If the board member cannot be present for the committee meeting, a conversation with the chair of that committee will need to be scheduled for it to count as participation.
Identify additional supporting contributors to Africa Strong Inc.
- Contribute new names to our email and mailing lists.
- Act as an ambassador for Africa Strong Inc. in the community and on social media. Share with others that you are involved in this work. (This can include friends, family, colleagues, announcements to your alumni chapters, etc.)
- When opportunities arise, help network on behalf of Africa Strong Inc.
Make a substantial financial contribution to Africa Strong Inc.
- A fundamental component of board membership is to raise funds for Africa Strong Inc. and bring new potential donors to Africa Strong Inc.
- Africa Strong Inc. has focused on virtual events. We ask U.S. board members to contribute $500+ annually (or an amount appropriate to you) in addition to:
- Promote and/or host Africa Strong Inc. events
- Help in securing funds from Foundations/grants or other sources of income for Africa Strong Inc.
- Approximately 5 hours/ month
- Promote Africa Strong Inc. (i.e. social media, peer-to-peer fundraising, increase newsletter subscribers, promote to your network)
- Proactively seek out funding sources
- Make financial contributions
6 More opportunities with AFRICA STRONG INC
About AFRICA STRONG INC
PO BOX 1164, MARY ESTHER, FL 32569, US
Africa Strong Inc’s Mission: To provide a safe and quality learning environment to improve learning outcomes for the communities we serve Africa Strong Inc’s Strategy: Partner with like-minded organizations to address the three underlying challenges that prevent students from receiving a quality and relevant education today: lack of quality educators, conducive learning environment, access to quality educational materials
- Africa Strong is a non-profit organization focused on creating lasting learning environments for the underserved children of sub-Saharan Africa.
- Sub-Saharan Africa has the highest rate of uneducated youth in the entire world, 90% of those children in school are not adequately learning.
- 133 million children in Africa are in schools where they do not learn.
- Impacted over 2,075 people
- Increased student performance on Primary leaving exam resulting in continuous metric improvement each year
- Reduced Teachers absenteeism from 40% to 5% by renovating and building teacher housing
- Built dormitories, expanding the boarding capacity by 50%
- Removed the barrier for girl education by providing reusable menstruation kits to 60 female students
- Increased school enrollment by 200 students
- Established libraries at 3 schools
As the Africa Strong Board of Directors evaluated opportunities to extend our impact, we were drawn towards teacher professional development as the most scalable lever to expand our reach to an exponential number of children across sub-Saharan Africa.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 11, 2023
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Please expect approximately 5 hours per month though that will vary month to month.
- Application Steps: Send inquiries to email@example.com and complete Africa Strong’s Board interest form. https://forms.gle/cJF2kv8T7R3w2HHD6