AFRICA STRONG INC
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
LocationPO BOX 1164MARY ESTHER, FL 32569 United States
Africa Strong Inc’s Mission: To provide a safe and quality learning environment to improve learning outcomes for the communities we serve Africa Strong Inc’s Strategy: Partner with like-minded organizations to address the three underlying challenges that prevent students from receiving a quality and relevant education today: lack of quality educators, conducive learning environment, access to quality educational materials
- Africa Strong is a non-profit organization focused on creating lasting learning environments for the underserved children of sub-Saharan Africa.
- Sub-Saharan Africa has the highest rate of uneducated youth in the entire world, 90% of those children in school are not adequately learning.
- 133 million children in Africa are in schools where they do not learn.
- Impacted over 2,075 people
- Increased student performance on Primary leaving exam resulting in continuous metric improvement each year
- Reduced Teachers absenteeism from 40% to 5% by renovating and building teacher housing
- Built dormitories, expanding the boarding capacity by 50%
- Removed the barrier for girl education by providing reusable menstruation kits to 60 female students
- Increased school enrollment by 200 students
- Established libraries at 3 schools
As the Africa Strong Board of Directors evaluated opportunities to extend our impact, we were drawn towards teacher professional development as the most scalable lever to expand our reach to an exponential number of children across sub-Saharan Africa.