8 people are interested
Mental Health Intervention Training Instructor (AmeriCorps)
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Program: Healthy Minds Alliance- 2022-2023 Program Year
Position: Mental Health Crisis Training Instructor
Reports to: Host Site Supervisor
Location: Charlotte, NCHealthy Minds Alliance Mission: Healthy Minds Alliance is a community-based approach to the mental health crisis utilizing evidenced-based gatekeeper programs to train community members on how to prevent, detect and support people with a mental illness.
Purpose of Position: AmeriCorps Members will serve as instructors for host site identified evidence-based/ informed mental health intervention programs, certifying members of the public.
- Participate in designated mental health evidence-based/ informed program instructor training such as Mental Health First Aid, QPR, SafeTalk, etc. (Date & Location TBD)
- Disseminate mental health certification classes in communities
- Outreach to local community for course participants, as well as recruit and engage community partners
- Market program through press releases, social media, and informational sessions
- Track each participant certified through pre and post evaluations
- Submit evaluations as directed by Health360 and training entity
- Advertise courses to the public as designated by training site
- Establish and foster relationships with community mental health agencies as partners and resources
- Serve as a resource to course participants on an ongoing basis
- Respect the privacy of course participants, colleagues, and others, including the responsibility to protect personal information
- Advocate for mental health awareness by promoting the principles of the course whenever possible
- Grant writing to support mental health-focused activities
- Participate in AmeriCorps large service project
- Participate in monthly calls held nationally by Health360
- Assist host site with ongoing mental health community initiatives and regional events
- Personal and/ or professional knowledge of mental health topics
- Strong teaching and/ or training skills and experience, especially with adult learners
- Understanding of mental health issues and resources
- Skills and experience facilitating diverse groups and creating/maintaining a positive, effective learning environment
- Knowledge about mental health resources in her/his community and state
- Positive attitude towards individuals with mental illnesses
- Enthusiasm for reducing the stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness and addiction disorders
- Complete a 10-month commitment beginning in April 2023- specific dates will be determined by the host site supervisor*
- Full-time AmeriCorps position - 1700 service hours - 40 hours per week, with 5 holidays and 2.5 personal days off
- AmeriCorps members receive a $17,000 stipend for their service - paid biweekly = 22 checks
- $6,495 Education Award upon completion of service commitment (1700 service hours)
- Childcare assistance waiver available
- Member assistance program
9 More opportunities with Health360
83 Prospect Street, Waterbury, CT 06702, US
To improve health equity in our nation’s communities through innovative partnership-based initiatives in education, service, and leadership development.
We meet our mission through diverse educational programs that improve the health of vulnerable populations with a focus on social determinants of health, culturally competent care and interprofessional practice. The bedrock of Health360’s success is the diversity of the organizations we partner with to tackle local healthcare needs in communities nationwide.
Health360 hosts several AmeriCorps National Service Programs that take a community-based approach to our nation’s physical and mental health crisis. AmeriCorps members are deployed in communities across the nation implementing evidence-based programs that tackle health disparities in underserved communities.
Multiple locations Charlotte, NC 28202
March 6, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is a full-time service position, requiring 40 hours of service per week for 10 months. AmeriCorps members are required to serve 1700 hours to successfully complete this program.