Trail Maintenance Crew Leader VIP
ORGANIZATION: National Park Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
Located approximately 20 miles northwest of center city Philadelphia, Valley Forge was the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of George Washington and the Continental Army. The park commemorates the sacrifices and perseverance of the Revolutionary War generation and honors the ability of citizens to pull together and overcome adversity during extraordinary times. (http://www.nps.gov/vafo)
Benefits for Volunteer:
- Stay physically and mentally fit while improving the community through service to your local, national park.
- Meet others who share your passion for service, history, nature, or recreation.
- Build your professional network and knowledge of the National Park Service.
- Learn a wide range of subjects through complementary training opportunities (e.g., history, natural resources, fire extinguisher training, safety, etc.).
- Be eligible for the National Park Service (NPS) Volunteers-in-Parks (VIP) perks (e.g., The Volunteer Pass to federal lands and recreation sites).
- Be eligible for the Valley Forge National Historical Park (VF NHP) VIP perks (e.g., appreciation programs, discounts, etc.).
- Deepen your appreciation of Valley Forge National Historical Park, each of our key partners, and how we collaborate to steward this land and its stories.
Short Term Impact of this Work:
- The park's official trail network is safe for Visitors to recreate and enjoy.
Long Term Impact of this Work:
- Visitors are inspired to inquire about service opportunities to help steward the park's trail network and natural resources.
In additional to initial training (see Training topics below), a minimum commitment of 8 hours monthly, depending on the availability of shifts. The typical shift lasts 4 hours, and shifts are scheduled based upon park priorities and the availability of volunteers. The busiest months are between April - October of each year. NOTE the following required training here:
- First Aid CPR AED at Valley Forge National Historical Park (either May 5 or May 6, 2023)
- Appalachian Mountain Club's 2-day in-person Outdoor Leader Training (March 25 & 26, 2023 @ Nockamixon State Park)
- 2-day in-person training at Valley Forge National Historical Park (April 28 & 29, 2023)
Start Date - 2023-02-14
End Date - 2023-12-31
Activities include: Back Country/Wilderness;Conservation Education;Construction/Maintenance;Trail/Campground Maintenance;Weed/Invasive Species Control
Hosts Housing Amenities: N/A
470 More opportunities with National Park Service2 Reviews
About National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240, US
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
The U.S. National Park Service, www.nps.gov, cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. We care for more than 400 national parks and help communities preserve their historic places and open spaces.
1400 North Outer Line DriveKing of Prussia, PA 19406
March 3, 2023
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+