16 people are interested
Grant Research and Fundraising Volunteer (Commission/Incentive Based)
ORGANIZATION: Your Hearing Dog Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Your Hearing Dog Inc supplies specially trained service dogs to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. YHD is searching for Volunteers to assist with Grant Research, Grant Application Writing, and Fundraising. If you enjoy interacting with people and dogs then this may be the position for you.
The Volunteers for Grant Research and Fundraising will be responsible for completing research on grant and funding opportunities, creating and managing a detailed pipeline of opportunities, fostering relationship building with donors, grant-making organizations, and partners, drafting and submitting grant applications, and providing ideas for new and creative fundraising opportunities and events.
You must possess excellent organizational skills, excellent writing skills, and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience. Prior experience in grant writing and fundraising is a plus.
- Research and identify new grant opportunities
- Create a spreadsheet identifying new grant opportunities throughout the year and update the spreadsheet regularly
- Draft grant applications for opportunities identified in the spreadsheet
- Submit grant applications by the deadlines
- Build relationships with potential donors and grantors
- Identify additional partners and funders (businesses, corporations, high-net worth individual donors) and build relationships to foster the mission of Your Hearing Dog, Inc.
- Communicate frequently with donors and grantors to ensure they are satisfied and engaged
- Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Receive up to 10% in commission based on fund amount raised and a trip of your choice (to one of 125+ destinations, details provided upon request)
About Your Hearing Dog Inc
581 S. Laporte Drive, Pueblo West, CO 81007, US
The mission of Your Hearing Dog, Inc. (YHDI) is to directly support the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. This is accomplished by supplying specially trained service dogs who will alert their owners to specific sounds and situations, in essence becoming their ears. Our dogs are carefully matched with potential owners and supported for the lifetime of the match.
Your Hearing Dog is a Colorado-based nonprofit organization that is dedicated to providing support and assistance to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
Our five (5) year plan includes the following:
- Identifying Hearing Dogs - YHD collaborates with a local shelter in Colorado to screen dogs for suitability to be trained as service dogs for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Matching Program - YHD matches suitable dogs with eligible owners through an application process and needs assessment.
- Training - The standard training for YHD service dogs involves two parts - the first part is to teach the service dogs a set of tasks to assist people who are deaf and hard-of-hearing while the second part involves a personalized bootcamp between the dog and the matched owner.
- Help desk - YHD provides ongoing support through a phoneline and email, with potential for a virtual assistant on their website.
- Meetups - YHD creates both in-person and online communities for support and annual events for successful matches to gather and provide feedback for improvement.
- Museum - As part of our five-year plan, we intend to establish a museum showcasing the historical journey of prominent individuals who are deaf and hard-of-hearing.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 8, 2024
- Animal Therapy
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Relationship Building
- 2 - 4 hours per week