8 people are interested
Community cats feeding - Milpitas
ORGANIZATION: 13th Street Cat Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Calling all cat lovers!!
We are in need of volunteers to provide food and water to stray cats on Friday OR Saturday OR Sunday. You are required to feed only 1 day/week and it only takes about 1h30min.
The community cats are located in Milpitas, close to Montague Expo and S Main St. There are 13 feeding stations and the whole route takes approximately 1h30min, maybe shorter or longer, depending on how much love you wish to give to some cute kitties! Feeding the route takes place in all weather, rain or shine.
- The feeding time is in the evening, anytime between ~ 5:00-8:00 pm;
- You will need a car, but most of the feeding stations are walkable;
- Cat food is provided and is available for pickup from a volunteer’s garage in Milpitas;
- We will ask you to send a summary email of how the feeding went within 24-48h of feeding.
- Bonus: once the cats get to know you, they will line up waiting for you and chase you with their tails pointing up!
We require a minimum commitment of 6 months;
Anyone under 18 is required to be accompanied by an adult every time they feed;
Driver’s license needed.
2 More opportunities with 13th Street Cat Rescue4 Reviews
About 13th Street Cat Rescue
Downtown/North San Jose, San Jose, CA 95112, US
* Promote the welfare of all cats: domestic, stray, and feral. * Practice and provide information on all aspects of Trap-Neuter-Release. * Operate an adoption program that provides a service to the community. * Spay or neuter cats in our care before adoption. * Assist individuals to help rescue, socialize and place cats. * Promote testing for feline diseases such as feline leukemia and feline immunodeficiency virus. * Manage cat overpopulation at the source by sterilizing feral cat colonies. * Keep cats out of the sheltering system, thus reducing euthanasia rates. * Provide information and assistance to encourage and help people keep their cats, and to give cats a better life.
13thstcats.org is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, no kill rescue; all donations are tax deductible.
We are a community based cat rescue group. We trap- neuter- and release feral cats and find loving forever homes for socialized stray cats and kittens.
13th St. NAC Cat Rescue is sponsored in part by the 13th Street Neighborhood Advisory Committee (NAC) www.13thstnac.org and The Northside Neighborhood Association of San Jose, California.
South Main StreetMilpitas, CA 95035
February 26, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training