1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Dweebs Global
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Led by a diverse team, the Sentinel has already attracted world-class writers and editors. Initial sections will focus on mental health, career development, education, lifestyle and health, relationships, politics, and fiction, plus a once-weekly feature on people doing good in the world.
Thank you for joining us as we unite people through stories of authentic experiences, inspire compassion and philanthropy around the globe, and provide a voice to those who have historically been marginalized and deplatformed.
The DG Sentinel will be heavily supported by Dweebs Global, a successful free mentorship nonprofit operating in over 35 countries, with on-the-ground teams in Sierra Leone, Nigeria, India, Colombia, and the United States.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. This is a wonderful opportunity to directly work with our global team and our board, which includes folks like:
- Sunny Vachher, international award-winning producer and UN Creative Ambassador.
- Kayla Ancrum, best-selling author.
- Scott Lamb, VP of Content at Medium.
- Topaz Adizes, Emmy-Award winning director.
- Trevor James, famous YouTuber.
- ...and many more.
Do you want to work with passionate and skilled professionals around the world on a social media platform focused on empathy and connection?
Interested in helping to run a new media platform that feels like a co-op with the quickness and versatility of a startup?
Join the team at The DG Sentinel and help us build a truly supportive community platform where empathy and connection are rule number one and lifting each other up is the norm, both in our communities and in our workplaces.
The DG Sentinel is committed to uplifting marginalized voices and being global majority-driven. We develop and deliver top-quality editorial content about each person’s unique and treasured perspective on the world that we share.
Our staff is a mix of seasoned professionals with decades of top level experience looking to give back and newcomers to the industry looking to learn new skills, make lasting connections, and contribute to a community social media together. We are truly building something new on the internet, and we’d love to build it with you.
We believe that volunteering is about contributing to and gaining from a strong community. The time, energy, and knowledge you provide will be recognized and credited and there are many valid reasons to volunteer from upskilling for your next job to friendship and giving back.
Want to join us? Apply to volunteer with us today.Why Volunteer with us
Volunteer with the coolest org in the world! Join a team of stellar folks from over 20 countries and:
- Join a society-shifting movement.
- Upskill yourself with a strong resume line (we have amazing editorial, programming, design, and project management opportunities).
- Build relationships with experts working in dozens of industries.
- Learn more about people from countries you may have never been to.
- Help us uplift marginalized voices and change the world.
- Join valuable networking and brainstorming sessions.
- Receive credit for internships, reference letters, and recommendations (dependent on active participation).
- Get access to perks like leadership training, Microsoft/Canva access, and more.
We are looking for experienced, skilled and passionate individuals to join our marketing team with the DG Sentinel.
This role will report to the Head of Community Building.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organise and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features and increase subscriptions
- Build relationships with Writers, readers, potential TG and industry professionals
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
What we expect of all volunteers
- We use Slack as our primary method of internal communications, we ask that all volunteers check this regularly to communicate with their team and stay up to date with the latest developments.
- All teams have a weekly meeting which all individuals need to attend.
- We hold 10 all-in-volunteer meetings a year and ask that volunteers attend a minimum of 4
We are looking for a passionate and reliable individual who has experience in the following:
- Proven work experience (At-least 2 years) as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
6 hours per week. We require a year-long commitment for most positions. We can be flexible on time and support vacations and unlimited leave with advance notice. Many of our current team work full-time and volunteer in the evenings. We make sure no one feels overwhelmed or overworked while ensuring extra work doesn’t fall on other volunteers last-minute.
This is a virtual opportunity and you will need your own device and an internet connection. At this time we are unable to support with any associated costs, as even our C-Suite is volunteer.Next Steps
Please complete our online application - https://forms.gle/SjCMND1HstMYPUPX7
Our volunteer program is highly competitive, so you will hear back from us if we're interested in taking your application further. Thank you so much for applying! Volunteers keep us running and we're so grateful.
20 More opportunities with Dweebs Global5 Reviews
About Dweebs Global
8 THE GREEN STE A, DOVER, DE 19901, US
Dweebs Global exists to make the world a better place by increasing happiness and decreasing suffering and pain. We unite good people from every corner of the planet to provide free mentorship, brainstorm solutions to today’s most pressing problems, and work together to fix world crises. We offer advice tailored for you all for free. Our mentors work hard to contribute actually useful informational content to our website. We host webinars and post "no nonsense" videos to our YouTube channel. Our mentorship pairs you with a mentor in your field who can provide tailored expertise. We’ve edited hundreds of resumes, interacted with thousands of mentees, and are always here to answer your questions. Dweebs support is unique because our services are 100% free. We don’t do sponsorships, we don’t accept money for endorsements, and we provide advice that we truly believe will help you succeed!
Dweebs Global is a volunteer run international movement that provides free mentorship in everything from career support to mental health. We have attracted over 800 professionals from all around the world who are willing to use their time and knowledge to help. They also contribute to various social impact projects including open-source programming, educational YouTube content, and informational articles published on our website. In a few months since starting as a response to the COVID-19 economic downturn, our non-profit has helped hundreds of people and even secured jobs. We believe that everyone no matter what they do, how old they are, or where they live, has some expertise to share and that can help someone out there. We hope you will join us.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 25, 2023