31 people are interested
Volunteer Coordinator (Internship)
ORGANIZATION: Your Hearing Dog Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
31 people are interested
Your Hearing Dog Inc supplies specially trained service dogs to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. YHD is searching for a Volunteer Coordinator. If you enjoy interacting with people and dogs then this may be the position for you.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program, including recruitment, orientation, training, engagement and recognition of volunteers. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people.
You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience. The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly utilized for the fulfilment of our mission.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
About Your Hearing Dog Inc
581 S. Laporte Drive, Pueblo West, CO 81007, US
The mission of Your Hearing Dog, Inc. (YHDI) is to directly support the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. This is accomplished by supplying specially trained service dogs who will alert their owners to specific sounds and situations, in essence becoming their ears. Our dogs are carefully matched with potential owners and supported for the lifetime of the match.
Your Hearing Dog is a Colorado-based nonprofit organization that is dedicated to providing support and assistance to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
Our five (5) year plan includes the following:
- Identifying Hearing Dogs - YHD collaborates with a local shelter in Colorado to screen dogs for suitability to be trained as service dogs for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Matching Program - YHD matches suitable dogs with eligible owners through an application process and needs assessment.
- Training - The standard training for YHD service dogs involves two parts - the first part is to teach the service dogs a set of tasks to assist people who are deaf and hard-of-hearing while the second part involves a personalized bootcamp between the dog and the matched owner.
- Help desk - YHD provides ongoing support through a phoneline and email, with potential for a virtual assistant on their website.
- Meetups - YHD creates both in-person and online communities for support and annual events for successful matches to gather and provide feedback for improvement.
- Museum - As part of our five-year plan, we intend to establish a museum showcasing the historical journey of prominent individuals who are deaf and hard-of-hearing.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 8, 2024
- Animal Care / Handling
- Event Planning / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment for this position is 4 - 8 hours per month, sometimes a little more when events are scheduled.