2 people are interested
HR Onboarding Specialist (Volunteer/Remote)
ORGANIZATION: ABUSE REFUGE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
- Are you a stay at home mom, recent college grad looking for experience, or trying to change your career direction?
- Are you seeking a flexible hours volunteer engagement role that affords you an opportunity to gain valuable work experience while being committed to helping further the efforts of ARO’s mission in helping victims of abuse?
- Do you like the flexibility of working within a virtual environment?
- Enjoy interacting worldwide with others who share the same passion for making a difference?
- Are you interested in the value of developing your skill sets, departmental cross-training, leadership roles, mentoring or the opportunity to excel within your chosen vocation?
Apply with ARO today and join our team of amazing volunteers!**This is an unpaid volunteer position
Responsibilities And What You Will Do:
- Plan and implement an effective training curriculum across ARO.
- Conduct and develop Google Classroom modules, seminars, workshops, group, and individual training sessions.
- Provides high-level administrative training support and assistance to the Executive Director and/or other assigned leadership staff.
- Works with all new team members in various departments to ensure they know how to navigate all platforms.
- Shows new team members where to locate all necessary documents and files.
- Available to answer any questions new volunteers have about how to access information.
- Evaluates volunteer performance reviews and gauge where skills are lacking.
- Create training programs and materials to address gaps in competency.
- Collaborate with the Onboarding and Training & Development Departments on training new members of all levels, from Coordinators to leadership.
- Schedule training sessions.
- Research new teaching and learning methods.
- Conduct follow-up research after training to collect feedback on the effectiveness of the program.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by executives.
- Must be available to volunteer 15+ hours a week
- A degree or equivalent work experience in HR, education, or training.
- Prior experience as a trainer or similar position.
- Ability to identify gaps in skills.
- Thorough knowledge of learning and teaching methods and approaches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
About Abuse Refuge Org:
ARO is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and we focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused within 13 major areas of abuse, to include but is not limited to: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying, Spousal, Cyber, Child, Elderly, Work Place, Isolation and Self-abuse. To learn more about our mission, go to http://GoARO.org
ARO i s an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For more about our hiring practices, please refer to:
Human Resources - Abuse Refuge Org
34 More opportunities with ABUSE REFUGE INC
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
ARO is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and we focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused within 21 major areas of abuse, to include but is not limited to: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying, Spousal, Cyber, Child, Elderly, Work Place, Isolation, Self-abuse, Religious, Medical, Food, Authority, Educational, Child Sexual Exploitation, Sex Trafficking and Political. To learn more about our mission, go to http://GoARO.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 22, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Teaching / Instruction
- Professional Development
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours