TCU-Get your volunteer hours here!
ORGANIZATION: Harbor Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers are literally, the heart of Harbor Hospice, providing a special kind of caring and compassion for our patients and their families. Every day, our volunteers make a difference in the lives of so many people. Whether they offer a listening ear to patients and families, assist with daily household activities for patients, provide grief support, serve as a companion to loved ones or share their personal expertise to help promote hospice care, the time given to Harbor Hospice families by our volunteers can be the most rewarding experiences of their lives. As a volunteer for Harbor Hospice's Patient Care Services, you "do good" every day. It takes a very special, caring person to give of themselves as unselfishly as our Harbor Hospice patient care volunteers. If you'd like to be a part of the Harbor Hospice team, here are some examples of the activities you can assist with:
- reading to a patient, or holding a hand
- staying with a patient while family members take a needed break or keep an appointment
- shopping or doing errands for a patient
- helping patients write or tell their life stories
- light household chores
- providing help with makeup and hair
- Veterans needed to honor Veteran patients at bedside/share stories together
- working on crafts or other projects
- clerical and other office duties
5 More opportunities with Harbor Hospice
About Harbor Hospice
6471 Southwest Blvd., Benbrook, TX 76132, US
Lighting the way home.
Harbor Hospice is dedicated to providing care and comfort to a terminally ill patient and their family in their home, wherever home may be. We provide the highest quality of care possible by employing a team of healthcare professionals to administer comfort and supportive care to individuals. Harbor Hospice strives to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of patients and family members who share the emotional trauma of a terminal illness. Harbor Hospice is committed to educate the community and increase awareness of the hospice concept of care.
6471 Southwest BoulevardBenbrook, TX 76132
March 14, 2023
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for an hour
- 2 hour orientation required. Need proof of covid vaccine, driver's license and proof of auto insurance