4 people are interested
Meal Donation Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: NEW LIFE CENTER
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Mission: New Life Center’s mission is to help eliminate domestic and sexual violence through support services, education, and expertise.
Purpose: The Meal Donation Volunteer helps NLC and the residents by providing purchased meals for either lunch or dinner. Meal donations help provide unique meals that save agency funds and help participants feel connected and cared for. This service assists in upholding NLC’s mission, vision, and core values of compassion, resilience, equity, and community.
Steps to complete when donating a shelter meal:
- Connect with Volunteer Services Manager to confirm dates and times for meal donation
- Purchase a meal from a pre-approved list or submit option for approval
- Coordinate the drop-off of the meal at Shelter
- Send receipt of purchase to Volunteer Services Manager to track in-kind contribution
- Communicate with Volunteer Services Manager on any questions or schedule changes
- An understanding of the need to keep aligned with health department standards
- Effective communication skills
- Commitment, understanding the importance of providing a reliable services
- Understanding that this role coordinates and drops off the meal but does not serve the meal at shelter
About NEW LIFE CENTER
PO BOX 5005, GOODYEAR, AZ 85338, US
Helping to eliminate domestic and sexual violence through support services, education, and expertise.
New Life Center offers shelter, safety and services to families seeking independent, violence-free lives. Our programs demonstrate respect for the individual and an environment in which families can begin to heal and plan for the future.
New Life Center is proud to have sprung from the passion and commitment of the West Valley community. Founded by members of the Soroptimist International of Estrella with strong support from area churches, service clubs and the Wigwam Resort, New Life Center opened its doors in 1991. That humble building served as the home for New Life for ten years. In April 2001, we moved to a newly constructed, safe and professional facility in Goodyear. Today, New Life Center provides services to over 1000 adults and children each year. In addition to a safe place to stay, we provide advocacy, employment services, legal assistance, comprehensive children’s services, transportation and outreach to adults and children survivors of domestic violence.
PO Box 5005Goodyear, AZ 85338
January 26, 2024
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Preferred commitment detailed below: Lunch or Dinner Meal Donation Weekday Dinners are priority One-time meal donations are allowed Coordinate with Volunteer Services Manager for ongoing meal donation support.
- An understanding of the need to keep aligned with health department standards Communication skills Reliability Understanding that this role coordinates and drops off the meal but does not serve the meal at shelter