Homemaker Volunteers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Help older adults stay independent! Are you passiona
ORGANIZATION: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you passionate about enhancing the lives of older adults and helping them remain independent in their homes?
Our In-Home Support Program provides in-home supportive home care services to frail older adults aged 50 and older and adults with disabilities in their homes. Along with our staff, volunteers (aged 21 and older) provide a much-needed service to help adults live more active, independent, safe, and happy lives in their own homes.
This is a rewarding opportunity for you to work one-on-one with older adults and adults with disabilities on a weekly basis and make a positive impact in their daily lives. Depending upon the needs and interests of the client, volunteers provide weekly one-on-one help with housekeeping, laundry assistance, meal preparation, social visits, errands, and simple chores. Each visit is personalized to the individual you are seeing.
All individuals served receive an in-home assessment by trained staff to identify their needs, health, and living situation.
Volunteers can talk to clients about challenges, find resources to solve problems, or just be there to provide companionship.
- A minimum commitment of two hours, once a week for direct service visits. Between 4 to 12 hours per week is ideal. Hours are flexible based on your schedule.
- Available hours 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Minimum 6-month commitment.
You do not need formal experience, just your time, compassion, and the desire to help.
- Caring, sympathetic approach to working with older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to physically do light housekeeping, simple chores, and meal preparation.
- Comfort level with driving between client residences throughout Milwaukee County.
- Comfortable with regular exposure to cleaning supplies and chemicals in a variety of client residences (homes with smoke, clutter, pets, noise, etc.).
Please note that in this role you will travel to client’s residences, which requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance (liability coverage: $100,000/person and $300,000/accident).
All volunteers are required to pass a background check, and complete paperwork.
Questions? Please contact:
Marie Honel, Volunteer Coordinator
10 More opportunities with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Inc
About Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Inc
2021 N 60th St, Milwaukee, WI 53208, US
Catholic Charities serves people of all faiths throughout the ten counties of Southeastern Wisconsin. Our Mission Statement: Inspired by Christ's call to serve, our mission is to provide service to those in need, to advocate for justice and to call upon others to do the same. Our Vision Statement: Our vision is to improve the lives of those we serve, to empower the most vulnerable, and to help reduce poverty through quality, compassionate, and effective human services.
Catholic Charities mission to "provide service to those in need, to advocate for justice and to call upon others to do the same" has been the core of our work since 1920. We measurably improve the lives of the poor in our communities and empower them to reach their full potential. When we accomplish this, lives are transformed and the benefits to the community can be exponential starting by improving the quality of life one person at a time.
With an outpouring of support from the community, we are able to help the poorest among us. We help people of all faiths, ages and cultures improve their ability to be self-sufficient, raise a family in more stable and healthy home, escape violence, cope with emotional and behavioral challenges, and overcome barriers to a better life.
Our Programs and Services:
- Behavioral Health/Counseling
- Outreach & Case Management
- Adoption Services
- Pregnancy Support Services
- Supported Parenting Services
- Adult Day Services
- In-Home Support Services
- Legal Services for Immigrants
- Refugee Resettlement Services
Multiple locations Milwaukee, WI 53210
February 7, 2023
- Elder care
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum commitment of two hours, once a week for direct service visits. Between 4 to 12 hours per week is ideal. Hours are flexible based on your schedule. Available hours 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Minimum 6-month commitment.