Community Preparedness Educator in Winnebago County
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Save lives and prevent injuries by providing free education to community members by working with paid and volunteer staff and following program guidance.
The Preparedness Division provides appropriate preparedness programming within a community to assist community members to prepare for disasters and other emergencies.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved to implement the preparedness program including:
- Support the annual preparedness goals, Regional Disaster Officer (RDO) objectives, and regional/chapter plan for preparedness programming through participation in meetings, projects, and local preparedness activities
- Execute assigned projects and local preparedness activities according to the activities you are trained in: Hands-Only CPR, Ready Rating or Be Red Cross Ready Presentations
- Complete tasks such as implementing preparedness activities, meeting with partners to build relationships, conducting inventory, and procuring or receiving necessary preparedness supplies
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Ability to relate effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and review program guidelines and tools
- Experience or comfort public speaking
69 More opportunities with AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Neenah, WI 54956
February 3, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Each presentation is approximately 2 hours in length.
- To volunteer, visit www.redcross.org/volunteer to complete the volunteer application.