10 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: HeartShare Human Services of New York
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Please fill out our volunteer application here: https://forms.office.com/r/rFLhjkzBss
HeartShare Human Services of New York nurtures and empowers children and adults diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Our events team is searching for volunteers to assist us at our annual fundraising events held across NYC. Volunteers like you are an integral part of our past events successes. These fundraising events enable HeartShare to help children and families who depend on our services. A list of some of our events and the tasks we need assistance with are listed below.
- Assist the events team with several events, ranging from small gatherings to large benefits
- Supporting the events manager with logistical and administrative support
- Helping set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion
- Ad-hoc duties at events including, but not limited to, guest list management, showing guests to tables and taking coats
A few of our upcoming events:
- Spring Gala/Annual Benefit - Annual Gala held in March in NYC.
- Volunteers are needed for event set up (step and repeat set up, centerpieces, etc.), guest check-in and registration, assisting guests with accessing the online platform including viewing the silent auction, helping with the live donation and collecting people’s information, assisting with check out, payment, or silent auction item distribution, clean up.
- Buckley’s-Kennedy’s 5k- Annual 5k race is held in Breezy Point, Queens every June.
- Volunteers are needed for registration/shirt distribution on the days leading up to run.
- Day of run - volunteers are needed for course set up, registration, set up at end-of-race festival/picnic, water distribution, shirt distribution, carnival games assistance, and clean up
- Golf Outings - We host two golf outings annually, one in Brooklyn and one in New Jersey.
- Volunteers are needed to help with registration, oversee games on the course, help with selling raffles during luncheon, as well as raffle item distribution.
More opportunities with HeartShare Human Services of New York
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HeartShare Human Services of New York
12 Metrotech Ctr - 29th Floor, 29th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
HeartShare Human Services of New York nurtures and empowers children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, such as autism, Down Syndrome and cerebral palsy and supports their families. The mission of HeartShare Human Services is to expand the opportunities presented to people with disabilities, and to enhance the lives of the individuals that we support.
HeartShare Human Services of New York nurtures and empowers children and adults diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders, through educational, life skills and vocational training, residential, case management, recreational, family support and health care services. HeartShare St. Vincent’s Services (HSVS) supports children, adults and families living in crisis due to experiences with poverty. Since its founding in 1914, HeartShare has expanded its reach to over 100 program sites in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island, as well as to 60 of the 62 New York counties through energy grants to low-income families. HeartShare is proud that 90% of all revenue goes directly to its programs and services. HeartShare is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children and is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity.
Multiple locations Brooklyn, NY 11201
January 26, 2023
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Customer Service