DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Content Development Editor
ORGANIZATION: ONE BREAD FOUNDATION INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
WEBSITE CONTENT - FACEBOOK CONTENT /
PART-TIME / REMOTE
The Website Content Development Editor will be responsible for the weekly creation, editing, and proofing of all written short-form faith-based content that lives on the Foundation’s website ( http://onebread.org).
One Bread Foundation, Inc. was created by the local church leaders in 2014 and remains an Evangelical outreach ministry. At One Bread Foundation, Inc., part of our mission includes EDUCATION to lead people to the awareness of the growth of Human Trafficking in the United States and the related Sex Trafficking of our nation’s children.
The ideal candidate would be fully devoted followers of Christ, with the desire to be an Ambassador for Christ in today’s fallen world. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology.
We function as a virtual organization with our Leadership and Team Members (volunteers) residing anywhere in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform our lives. That’s the power that gives us the desire and energy to impact our communities and country for Christ.
In today’s world, truth isn’t always easy to find. We’re seeking a person who will utilize carefully chosen words that will always point back to the truth of what’s happening to children on social media, within public schools, in entertainment, and the "grooming" of children and teens that is taking place right under on nose every day.
The Website Content Development Editor will be responsible for the weekly creation, editing, and proofing of all written short-form faith-based content that lives on the Foundation’s website. This role is tailor-made for someone with a passion for both reading the Word and reaching the world with the message that more people are slaves now than any time in history. Human Trafficking enslaves millions, in Domestic Services, Farming, Fishing, Garment Manufacturing, Hotel Services, Mining, and Sexual Exploitation.
What You'll Do
- Create or curate written copy in features such as the rise of Sex Trafficking of minors in the United States, and other short-form pieces of content to flow together toward user engagement and retention.
- Produce content that moves our Community to take ownership of this Modern-Day Slavery and provide a consistent Call to Action (CTA).
- Research strategies, felt needs, social media user data, and cultural trends to create targeted, effective content.
- Learn from the ways other websites or social media content deals with Human Trafficking or Sex Trafficking and analyze how to leverage their content or data to enhance or directly apply to our website content and be an advocate for social change.
- Coordinate with contractors, interns, and volunteer writers to ensure all weekly content needs are completed and submitted on time.
- Communicate with teammates to ensure all written English assets are distributed to the right places in time for the volunteer localization process.
- Own the final proof for all published English content in our Blogs, Marketing Material, Newsletter, and website.
- Be the available resource for content partnership Team Leads who may request occasional writing support for major emails to partners.
- Serve as the "second set of eyes" on high-impact content partner communications for alignment with brand voice, style, and standard English.
- Provide occasional scriptwriting support for Podcast audio content.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Expert-level writing and editing skills.
- Adaptability to tailor writing to a defined style.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Self-motivated and ready to make independent decisions and solve complex problems.
- Ability to plan, initiate, and maintain processes and project strategies.
- Adept at managing conflict and weighing opinions while maintaining composure.
- Foresight and follow-through to take a great vision and turn it into reality through strategic execution.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of work-related experience, but we will consider and evaluate all candidates.
Benefits We Offer
- This is a Non-Paid 24-month Internship (for the candidate with limited experience) or a Volunteer Role for the experienced Content Development Editor.
- Generous Foundation-paid access to Leadership Training Library
- The ability to add experience to your resume, grow your writing portfolio and obtain future employment reference(s) any time after the first six (6) months of service
- Eligible for Team Member Service Recognition Awards
- For Team Members with Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, or Employer 401(k) retirements in place, the Foundation will make a discretionary contribution into your account based on your Annual Performance Review and meeting your KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- $150 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and remote work environment.
- Flexible work schedule, with a maximum work schedule of ninety (90) minutes per week.
Please include a link to recent writing samples when submitting your application.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At One Bread Foundation, Inc., every staff member, and intern is a valued asset and is expected to engage in the Foundation's Social Justice outreach fully. We consider leadership readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent the Foundation’s Core Values and Beliefs during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at One Bread Foundation, Inc. is to uphold and represent the beliefs of One Bread Foundation, Inc.
While we unite around our Mission Statement (refer to our website), we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ and fighting Modern-Day Slavery.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.
15 More opportunities with ONE BREAD FOUNDATION INC4 Reviews
About ONE BREAD FOUNDATION INC
PO Box 2503, 12935 Alcosta Blvd, San Ramon, CA 94583, US
One Bread Foundation, Inc. advocates, raises awareness and provides monetary support for the rehabilitation of child victims of sex trafficking in the United States. We are involved in collaborating with various organizations, including but not limited to legislators, law enforcement and rehabilitation resources such as Claire's House and New Day for Children here in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Everything One Bread Foundation does is focused on one goal: the sustained well-being of children, especially the most vulnerable.
100% of the funds we raise online through our participation in various affiliate programs gets donated to rehabilitate teens and children rescued from sex trafficking.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 23, 2023
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training