16 people are interested
Custom House Store Shopkeeper
ORGANIZATION: Monterey State Historic Park
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
The Monterey State Historic Park Custom House Store raises funds for our School Programs to cover costs including supplies, transportation, and grants for underfunded schools, as well as the restoration of our historic structures. The Custom House Store is entirely volunteer-run and is our most important year-long fundraising effort!
Volunteers operate the park store located inside the Custom House and provide general visitor services. Training is provided for all volunteers.
Volunteers will be expected to:
- Perform opening and closing procedures of the park store.
- Operate the cash register and complete sales of store items.
- Give out park brochures and information to visitors.
- Interpret the history of the Custom House in an accurate and professional manner.
- Be familiar with park features and cultural significance.
- Count money and operate a cash register.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Friendly, courteous and possess good communication skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as a team member with Park staff and visitors.
11:00 AM to 01:30 PM
01:30 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Monterey State Historic Park
20 Custom House Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940, US
To provide for the health, inspiration and education of the people of California by helping to preserve the state's extraordinary biological diversity, protecting its most valued natural and cultural resources, and creating opportunities for high quality outdoor recreation.
Our state park emphasizes and interprets Monterey's extraordinary history for all visitors to the area. Volunteers support our park by assisting with school programs, living history events, and interpretive activities. We have been recognized locally and statewide as a valuable member of the community for our educational programs that provides transportation scholarships to underfunded schools to bus students to our history field trips. Additionally, volunteers work in our non-profit gift shop that funds these efforts.
20 Custom House PlazaNear Fisherman's WharfMonterey, CA 93940
February 21, 2024
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One 2.5 hour long shift per month.
- Volunteers will attend a volunteer orientation as well as training in the park store. Volunteers will wear a park volunteer vest or approved historic attire which will display the State Park volunteer emblem and name tag at all times.