14 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Mental Health Connect
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
MHC is unique because of our Mental Health Navigator and/or Peer Specialist combined with
education events and community building. The Mental Health Navigator has preparation and
experience in social services to assess client resource needs and barriers to mental health care,
develop a plan to meet desired outcomes, and participate in outreach activities.
The Navigators may also promote the MHC service through community presentations,
congregation site contacts, and neighborhood venues. The MHC team engages with an array of
partnering agencies to meet the needs of our clients. MHC services are free of charge to the
The Navigator position is virtual, so you can be home or running errands. We use Google Voice,
Google email on your smartphone. The Mental Health Navigator assists those calling for
support or information, or those just calling to talk about what's important to them, and answer
their questions, provide local referrals, and take the time to listen to their concerns. Training is
provided, hours are flexible based on your availability and can be done from home with your
Reports to: Lead Navigator
Hours/Status: Volunteer, 8-10 hours per week(1 day, 8:30-5)
● Provide live email/web/text/phone coverage 1 day per week.
● Collect and maintain data of calls/chat, add to confidential database.
● Collaborate and connect with community-based organizations and partners.
● Offer other mental health triage efforts via transfers to appropriate agencies and support
● If interested, you can work with and support community outreach events and other promotion
and communication efforts as needed.
● Participation in weekly supervision with Navigator Line Specialists and Director
● Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of MHC
Availability at least 1 day per week to provide Navigation.
Have a genuine interest in helping people with mental health concerns.
Be able to use active listening skills with callers.
Ability to research individual support services via the web and phone calls.
Have a smartphone to download our Google Voice call app and Google email.
Attend weekly team meeting at 11AM Wednesdays
● Personal lived experience or family experience of mental health challenges/concerns.
● Preferred, but not necessary - training that can include Peer Support Worker, Community
Health Worker, QPR or Mental Health First Aid.
● Commitment to consumer empowerment, culturally competent services, and nonjudgmental
approach to support
● Computer skills including Google suite and web navigation.
● Collaborative team working style with ability to relate effectively with people from diverse
- 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mental Health Connect
4100 LYNDALE AVE S, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55409, US
Mental Health Connect provides community-based resources, support and education to improve access to mental health services and to connect individuals and families with the services they need.
The mental health connect collaborative began with the help of a single donation and the directive to apply the funds to address local mental health needs. In 2016 the collaborative was formally established with a membership of five congregations committed to addressing mental illness in the community. Over the past five years, MHC has grown and today includes over 30 faith communities, multiple local community outreach locations, and over 40 referral community partners. MHC had expanded the initial investment and vision, providing information and education about mental wellness, health, and illness, while providing clinical and community-based support that decreases barriers to mental health services. Client resources, support and education are provided through a navigation model operating within an interfaith and community collaborative.
Multiple locations Minneapolis, MN 55409
January 30, 2024
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Google Apps
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- 8-10 hours/1 day a week on duty, although you are free to go about your business as long as you respond to calls/emails within an hour or two
- Ability to meet weekly with navigation team on Wednesdays at 11AM