1 person is interested
Front Desk Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Verona Senior Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Greet and welcome new and current users of the Center. The Assistant provides information about the Center and registers seniors for activities and programs over the phone and in person, takes messages for and transfers calls to staff, and performs miscellaneous clerical duties. The Front Desk Assistant must keep all client information confidential.
- Greet all users to the Center and assist them with checking-in.
- Welcome new users, assist them with registering, and inform them of programs and activities available.
- Register users for programs and activities, including van rides, and meals.
- Receive and record money or donations.
- Transfer calls or take messages for staff.
- Retrieve voice mail messages and return call or transfer the message to the appropriate staff.
- Make copies and other clerical tasks as assigned by Program Manager or Director.
- Set up and clean up Coffee Station.
- Water outdoor plants when in season.
Must be comfortable talking on the telephone and have basic to intermediate computer skills.
About Verona Senior Center
108 Paoli Street Verona, Verona, WI 53593, US
Our Mission: To provide resources and services to enhance the lives of area adults ages 55 and over.
Verona Senior Center Vision Statement
Our Vision: A community where seniors are valued, respected, and supported.
Verona Senior Center Values
We offer opportunities for social connections, educational and recreational experiences, and meaningful volunteer experiences.
We incorporate creative ideas in our programming, in our environment, and in our approach to problem-solving.
We welcome diverse abilities, personalities, and populations with a spirit of inclusion, respect, and appreciation for the uniqueness of each individual.
We provide resources and services that encourage independence and self-reliance.
We provide support for the physical, emotional, and educational needs of our participants to encourage health, happiness, and well-being.
108 Paoli StreetVerona, WI 53593
January 20, 2023
- Elder care
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training