ORGANIZATION: Gender Freedom Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
he Advocacy Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to advance the organization's policy and legislative priorities at the local, state, and federal levels. The Advocacy Manager will work closely with the organization's leadership, program staff, and external partners to identify opportunities and challenges, and will lead the development of advocacy campaigns to drive policy change. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong written and oral communication skills, and will have experience working with government officials, policymakers, and advocacy groups.
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies to advance the organization's policy and legislative priorities
- Lead the development of advocacy campaigns, including building coalitions, drafting advocacy materials, and coordinating outreach to policymakers and other stakeholders
- Identify and analyze opportunities and challenges at the local, state, and federal levels, and develop recommendations for action
- Collaborate with program staff to integrate advocacy efforts into program work and to ensure that programs are informed by policy developments
- Maintain relationships with government officials, policymakers, and advocacy groups
- Monitor and report on the progress of advocacy efforts and the impact of policy changes
- Attend meetings, events, and other functions as needed to represent the organization and advance advocacy goals
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in advocacy, public policy, or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with government officials, policymakers, and advocacy groups
- Ability to analyze policy issues and develop recommendations for action
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
About Gender Freedom Society
532 S 15th St, Fort Dodge, IA 50501, US
Gender Freedom Society is an organization focused on the needs of transgender and gender non-conforming people. As a community, GFS provides a safe-space for members to meet other like-minded folks from around the world, engage in peer-to-peer counselling, and be seen and heard for who they truly are. GFS is a resource of information for the Trans/GNC community, to include providing educational resources, local gender-affirming services locations, and local trans-friendly businesses. GFS participates in national and local social activism, and provides space for members to actively plan for activism in their communities.
We are a 501c3 non profit based virtually in the United States. several of our goals include but are not limited to creating resources that do not yet exist to make the lives of people within our community a better one.Speak
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 19, 2023
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication