1 person is interested
Organize & Support Events
ORGANIZATION: MILWAUKEE CHILDRENS CHOIR INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Join a talented and passionate team of volunteers tasked with creating the Milwaukee Children's Choir's annual fundraising event. It's a great opportunity to get engaged with your community, meet new individuals, and help support Milwaukee children who have a passion for singing.
The Special Events Committee oversees the development of the Milwaukee Children’s Choir’s fundraising event(s). Committee members assist in the planning, execution, and postproduction follow-up of the fundraising event(s). Duties such as promoting the event(s), finding volunteers, set-up and break-down, assisting with participation, etc., are all ways the Special Events Committee serves the MCC.
The Special Events Committee volunteers help organize the MCC’s annual fall fundraising event. Other events may arise should the committee choose to pursue additional event opportunities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To develop an annual fundraising event for the MCC that meets revenue goals:
- Select date and location, and organize programming, food and beverages, entertainment, decorations, silent auction, sponsorships and more.
- Stay within or under budget for the event(s).
- Work with staff and the Board of Directors to identify potential sponsors.
- Connect with the Marketing Committee to develop a marketing plan to advertise the event.
- Passionate about making a difference in Milwaukee.
- Preferred experience with special events or project management.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and enthusiasm for the Milwaukee Children’s Choir.
About MILWAUKEE CHILDRENS CHOIR INC
427 E. Stewart St., Suite 100, MILWAUKEE, WI 53207, US
Milwaukee Children’s Choir provides children, ages 6-18, with exceptional choral music education and performance experiences that foster creativity, personal expression, and social growth.
Milwaukee Children’s Choir is Southeastern Wisconsin’s premier youth choir. Since 1994, Milwaukee Children’s Choir has been delighting audiences and providing children, ages 6-18, with exceptional choral music education and performance experiences that foster creativity, personal expression and social growth.
As an audition-based, advanced children’s choral music program, Milwaukee Children’s Choir maintains five levels of evening choir choral education for children from 1st-12th grades. Offering rehearsal locations throughout the Greater Milwaukee and Lake Country areas, the Children’s Choir incorporates children from throughout the whole of Southeastern Wisconsin. Milwaukee Children’s Choir also serves children during the school day at Milwaukee Public Schools through our Harmony Program.
427 East Stewart StreetSuite 100MilwaukeeMilwaukee, WI 53207
January 10, 2023
- Music Arts
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- The committee meets approximately 8-10 times a year to create & develop an event & evaluate the progress & success of the event. Meetings increase in frequency around the event date. Meetings occur early evenings during the week & events on weekends.