DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Animal Medical Needs Coordinator - REMOTE
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Pets Alive!
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Medical Case Manager, you'll manage each pet’s medical plan with new fosters, and help ensure pets are receiving the care required for event and adoption eligibility, so they are ready for their forever home!
This role requires core organizational skills as you’ll track and record upcoming medical needs across internal platforms, as well provide email updates with relevant internal teams per case.
As a Medical Needs Coordinator, you’ll also help educate fosters on the care of their pet, by providing reminders for upcoming medical appointments needed!
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Our Medical Director, Assistant Medical Directors, and VP of Animal Operations.
Works with: Foster parent, Medical Team, and team leaders.
Responsibilities: Work directly with foster parents to communicate upcoming medical needs for foster pets .
- Review upcoming and overdue medical needs (vaccine appointments, rechecks, surgeries, etc) and communicate those to the foster parent
- Ensure vet appointments are scheduled in a timely manner to ensure quick medical clearance
- Log all pertinent information across multiple platforms (ShelterLuv, Google Sheets/Google Suite, Trello board)
- Provide proactive communication when upcoming vet appointments are needed
- Internal communication: Keep relevant teams updated on case status, refer issues beyond the scope of this function to other volunteers, team leaders, or directors for further processing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to update appropriate external and internal parties on each case and maintain a professional level correspondence at all times
- Detail-oriented, ability to record information across multiple platforms (i.e. Google Sheets, Google Drive, ShelterLuv, Trello)
- Ability to work remotely using email, Google Drive, and the ShelterLuv platform
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
- At least 18 years of age
- One year of customer service experience
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Experience as a pet owner and knowledge of basic healthcare needs a plus!
Time Commitment: Varies, but typically 3-4 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 PRESTON ROAD, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we focus on:
- Rescuing healthy and treatable pets at North Texas shelters at the greatest risk of being euthanized
- Reducing owner surrender through our Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender (PASS) program
- Opening kennel space by transporting pets to partners in the U.S. and Canada in need of adoptable animals
- Challenging the way our community views rescue animals. We believe that adoption is not only right thing to do but THE thing to do!
Please visit our website for additional information. **We don't have a physical location**
*At this time, we do not accept court-ordered service hours nor track community service hours.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 27, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: Varies, but typically 3-4 hours per week