Program Development Intenr
ORGANIZATION: National Voices for Equality Education and Enlightenment
Please visit the new page to apply.
College Internship Program
Information:At NVEEE, part-time (approx. 10-25 hrs/week) and full-time (approx. 30-40 hrs/week) internships are available year-round and can be entirely virtual or hybrid. Students may choose to receive volunteer or academic course credits for the internship.
Program Development Committee
The Program Development Committee supports the overall development and execution of NVEEE’s youth programs, including the three summer events held across college campuses; the Peace Ambassador Leadership Summit (PALS). This committee will also engage closely with all other committees to ensure the overall effectiveness of the programs.
Members of this committee must have an understanding of DEI principles, social justice, and a commitment to assist NVEEE in building strong relationships within diverse communities, including ones that have been traditionally under-resourced and under-represented, LGBTQIA+ populations, BIPOC, and beyond.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as the liaison for other committees participating in program-related tasks.
- Attending bi-weekly virtual committee meetings, including meeting with other committees as needed.
- Supporting other committees with onboarding and meeting their deadlines.
- Working with the Executive Director in creating and managing the annual program calendar.
- Developing strategies to increase participation in NVEEE’s programs.
- Supporting the Youth Activities and Summit Planning Committee in planning events.
- Coordinating speaker contracts and overall logistics with program facilitators, guest speakers, and outside vendors.
- Evaluating program feedback, suggesting improvements, and tracking implementation.
- Assisting in the development of training for junior and senior counselors for PALS.
- Participating in choosing themes, topics, speakers, and workshops for PALS.
- Monitoring and updating registration platforms for PALS and other events.
- Coordinating contracts with schools based on PALS registration count.
- Collaborating with other committees in creating the PALS schedule.
- Supporting the execution of Virtual PALS.
Qualities needed to be successful on this committee:
- Highly organized
- Leadership skills
- Clear and effective communicator
- Conflict resolution skills
- Problem solver
- Intern for an award-winning, congressionally, and nationally recognized nonprofit organization.
- Receive one-on-one mentorship from senior-level management, including the executive director and founder.
- Experiential learning
- Eligible to receive volunteer, internship, and academic course credits.
Candidates must submit a résumé with their application form. Some committee positions require additional application items, such as a writing sample. The link for the application will be sent to you when you express interest .
If you would like to learn more about our organization, visit our website at https://www.nveee.org . You can also watch Kristine and Gabby discuss their internship experiences.
About National Voices for Equality Education and Enlightenment
150 S Pine Island Rd Ste 300, Plantation, FL 33324, US
Mission: To prevent bullying, violence, and suicide among youth, families, and communities through direct service, mentoring and prevention education. Vision: A world in which youth are resilient, socially responsible leaders who advance human rights and strengthen communities. History
NVEEE provides interactive educational dialogues and leadership programs that teach bullying prevention strategies, mental health, social inequities, and stereotypes and are designed to surface community-based solutions that support the health and well-being of all youth. A recognized leader in strengthening communities, NVEEE continues to innovate to expand its impact. Dynamic equity-based leadership programs, which consistently fill to capacity, prepare youth to be socially responsible leaders who think critically about relevant social issues, access resources, apply practical leadership skills, and ultimately turn their pain into purpose. Upon completing this comprehensive curriculum, many youth become NVEEE Peace Ambassadors, paving the way for them to be peer mentors and powerful advocates for change in their communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 12, 2023
- Youth Services
- Event Design & Planning
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training