Psych Student Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Kansas Palliative and Hospice Care
Please visit the new page to apply.
Similar to the Pre-Med and Social Worker volunteer opportunities, we are looking for psych students who are interested in gaining knowledge about Hospice Care and end of life care. This opportunity will provide students with a mass amount of knowledge of caring for the elderly, mental health, hospice care, and end of life care. Along with this position comes the opportunity to form a bond with a patient and make their day so much better. We are looking for students who are more than willing to do this. We look forward to meeting you!
About Kansas Palliative and Hospice Care
6828 Silverheel St., Shawnee, KS 66226, US
Our mission is to provide the highest level of comfort and care, honoring and respecting the dignity of each individual, and enhancing the quality of living at the end of life, under the guidance of Christian principles.
- We are Midwest owned and operated. We make decisions locally. Our people live in the community we support. Our leaders and owners are actively involved in the business and are all Midwest residents.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care is one of the oldest hospice providers in the State of Kansas with its approval to provide Medicare hospice services originating in 1991. We serve the entire Northeast Kansas Area, as far south as Franklin county to our northern border in Doniphan county, as west as Riley county.
- We are committed to exceeding industry standards. We recognize that each patient’s life experiences and spiritual beliefs have created a unique individual who deserves the finest care and emotional support, while honoring and respecting their needs and wishes. All while keeping care costs lower by striving to care for our patients and their caregivers at home.
- Of all the benefits available to our patients we believe the hospice benefit is the most misunderstood of them all. The benefits are incredible, the cost is negligible and yet the participation rate is low. We believe this is because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the program.
6828 Silverheel StreetShawnee, KS 66226
September 12, 2023
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- About 1-2 hours a week