2 people are interested
Line Dance with Seniors!
ORGANIZATION: Senior Friendship Centers
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Senior Friendship Centers is looking for a volunteer with a love of line dancing to engage seniors in dancing! Line dancing will be a new program offered in our Sarasota Activity Center. We are looking for someone with an engaging personality, the ability to instruct others, and advanced knowledge of line dancing who enjoys interacting with seniors.
- 1-hour class offered on a weekly basis. Day of week and time of day to be set on mutually agreeable schedule for the center and the instructor volunteer.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple line dances.
- The ability to provide instruction in a group setting.
- Able to reliably commit to a weekly 1-hour program.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, especially when interacting with seniors.
- Ability to interact professionally with all staff, clients, volunteers, and community partners.
- Friendly, flexible, able to handle challenges, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity for all individuals and groups.
- If you are interested, you can complete our online application here: https://www.volgistics.com/appform/1427629706
- Or visit our website at FriendshipCenters.org - click on Support and then on Volunteer.
- For questions contact email@example.com or call 941-556-3223.
About Senior Friendship Centers
1888 Brother Geenen Way, Sarasota, FL 34236, US
We build vibrant communities by advancing wellness, connection, and enrichment throughout the journey of aging.
Senior Friendship Centers is a non-profit organization serving older adults in Sarasota, Lee, DeSoto and Charlotte Counties.
servicing the vital needs of older persons, addressing the concerns of loneliness, health and isolation for the elderly. Senior Friendship Centers is THE safety net for close to 10,000 seniors, providing programs and services such as caregiving resources, adult day services, dining centers, home-delivered meals, exercise classes, lifelong learning, economic assistance, socialization, friendly visitors, and more. The support of generous community partners, agencies and donors enables us to help more seniors in need.
1888 Brother Geenen WaySarasota, FL 34236
December 28, 2022
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- weekly, 1-hour commitment