2 people are interested
Red Cross: Regional Nurse Lead
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Regional Nurse Leader (RNL) is a front-line leader of the Nursing Network who partners with the local Regional Volunteer Services Officer (RVSO) to recruit health professional volunteers per regional needs. This is a long-term commitment (1yr preferred), and only open to licensed nurses.
The RNL provides guidance on nursing and health matters and helps build the health professional network in the region. RNLs promote volunteer engagement and satisfaction across the business lines and work to achieve the Volunteer Services Chief Nurse Initiatives. The American Red Cross National Nursing Network is comprised of all Red Cross nurses.
Nursing Network leaders recruit and support nurses and other health professionals across all business lines to implement strategic goals of the American Red Cross as articulated in the Chief Nurse Initiatives. The American Red Cross is divided into geographic divisions, regions and chapters for service delivery. Each division has a Division Nurse Leader (DNL) appointed by the Chief Nurse and the Director of the Nursing Network. DNLs appoint Associate Division Nurse Leaders (ADNLs) to support RNLs and to assist them according to the division’s unique needs. There may be more than one RNL per region, depending on regional needs.
* Proactively support and guide Red Cross units in volunteer recruitment, reception, retention, and recognition to build health professional capacity across all business lines and at all levels of the organization in support of organizational and regional priorities. Assist units in volunteer recruitment to reflect community demographics.
* Act as a resource for nursing and health in the region across all business lines, working collaboratively with Nursing Network leaders and others to achieve the Chief Nurse Initiatives.
* Establish a good working relationship with key leaders at the regional level (e.g., Emergency Services Director, CEO, nurse/health leaders in other business lines).
* Establish relationships with community partners (nurses and non-nurses) and maintain updated roster
* Coordinate meetings for regional nurses and other health professionals, engaging colleagues and partners as appropriate in support of the Chief Nurse Initiatives.
* Regularly communicate nursing and health-related successes (e.g., awards, media coverage, projects) to other Nursing Network leaders and through other communication venues
* Ensure that nurse volunteers enter their nurse-specific information in Volunteer Connection and submit all volunteer hours
* Submit all RNL hours in Volunteer Connection on at least a monthly basis and maintain an updated Volunteer Connection profile
* Complete quarterly metrics and annual Nursing & Health Leaders Diversity Survey
* Recruit and support Nursing Network Engagement Specialists as needed.
RNLs should recruit for and mentor their own replacements in consultation with RVSOs and DNLs.
* Current, unencumbered, active licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN preferred) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
* Knowledge of Red Cross structure, systems, and programs/services
* Cultural sensitivity and awareness
* Enthusiasm about Red Cross mission and programs
* Willingness to become familiar with ALL Red Cross business lines
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Team and relationship building, talent management, and succession planning skills to grow the organization’s capabilities
* Understanding of the value of nursing and health volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure they are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
* Ability to manage projects, collaborate, lead change, motivate others and work with remote teams
* Acquaintance with local nurses, people, businesses, churches, schools, and organizations
* Access to and ability to use telephonic and computer technology, basic office software (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, email), and social media for virtual interaction
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Oahu-CentralMililani, HI 96789
November 14, 2023
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of approximately 6 - 8 hours per week
- The RNL appointment is a two-year, potentially renewable term. RNLs should recruit for and mentor their own replacements.