2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: SCORE SE Wisconsin
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
SCORE is a nonprofit, volunteer organization that helps small businesses succeed through free one-on-one mentoring and small group educational sessions. By working with SCORE you immediately benefit your community by improving your local economy through small business success.
We are looking for a volunteer Outreach Chairperson for the SE Wisconsin Chapter. As the Outreach Chairperson you would lead the Outreach committee to build and maintain relationships with existing and new SCORE partners and volunteers. Partners include other organizations in SE Wisconsin who promote small business in our community. Most of the volunteer work can be completed remotely and at your convenience. Estimated time commitment is 5-8 hours per week.
Duties of the Outreach Chair include:
- Serve on the Executive Committee (EC) helping establish and monitor progress toward goals, provide direction and establishing culture for the chapter. Attend and participate in monthly chapter meetings.
- Create and maintain partner relationships to support small business in SE Wisconsin.
- Receive participation requests from members and outside groups and manage the flow to the appropriate SCORE committee and/or present the request to the Executive Committee.
- Primary responsibility for creating partnership guidelines and communicating those guidelines to chapter members.
- Work with Marketing and Event Chair to support events. Promote SCORE volunteerism at events.
- Work with Chapter Secretary to keep chapter calendar up to date (internal calendar)
- Encourage Chapter volunteers to support chapter events and promote SCORE.
- Recruit SCORE volunteers during partner interactions, deepening the relationships through shared efforts.
- Be aware of potential SCORE donors and request donations or forward the lead to our chapter Fundraising Chairperson.
- A people person comfortable with sharing their passion for SCORE in the greater SE Wisconsin small business community.
- Well-organized to manage multiple events and partners simultaneously.
- The ability to maintain relationships while declining partner or member requests.
- Technical skills should include: Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Google Drive and Gmail. Experience in Salesforce helpful but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Visit https://sewisconsin.score.org/volunteer to learn more about volunteering with SCORE and to submit your application. Please mention your interest in the Outreach Chairperson Director role in your application. Need more information? Contact email@example.com
About SCORE SE Wisconsin
310 W Wisconsin Avenue, #585, Milwaukee, WI 53203, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops. The SE Wisconsin Chapter was named the 2024 Chapter of the Year.
For nearly 60 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
310 W Wisconsin Avenue#585Milwaukee, WI 53203
December 26, 2023
- Executive Admin
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Professional Development
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 8 hours a week at your convenience