3 people are interested
Apparel Sales Associate
ORGANIZATION: Mercer Island Thrift Shop
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
This volunteer position contributes to the Mercer Island Thrift Shop’s success by maximizing store sales through skilled and efficient handling of apparel, shoes, and accessories.
- Provide friendly customer service while promoting thrifted goods
- Maintain an orderly dressing room area to prevent loss of product and encourage new looks for our customers
- Maintain a well-organized apparel sales floor
- Stock product to the sales floor and rotate merchandise
- Maintain visual standards and cleanliness of the department.
- Assist with executing the seasonal merchandise storage-to-floor plan.
- Communicate and cooperate with staff, volunteers, and management.
- Consistently apply safety, loss control and prevention techniques
- Consumer knowledge of designer brands, to identify high value donations, helps to maximize the value of contributions to our mission.
Progressive volunteer discounts for the number of hours worked, job training and experience, references, volunteer recognition, onsite lunchroom and refreshments provided.
- This volunteer position requires the ability to, bend, kneel reach, and lift up-to 30 pounds.
- Fine motor skills are needed for hanging, buttoning, zipping, writing, and tagging merchandise.
- Read, write, and communicate in a positive, professional manner.
- The ability to interact with customers in a friendly manner during sales hours.
About Mercer Island Thrift Shop
7710 SE 34th Street, Mercer Island, WA 98040, US
The primary mission of Mercer Island Thrift Shop is to raise money to support the programs of Mercer Island Youth and Family Services (MIYFS).
Founded in 1970, Mercer Island Youth and Family Services is a department of the City of Mercer Island providing a variety of human services for Mercer Island citizens. The mission of MIYFS is "to provide, coordinate and advocate for affordable, high quality human services for the citizens of Mercer Island". Our philosophy is that coordinated community resources can help build stronger and healthier families and community by enhancing strengths, identifying problems and choices and sharing resources.
Assistance - We provide a safety net for Island residents experiencing a crisis.
Support -We provide programs that improve the health and well being of all Island residents.
Development - We empower Islanders to grow, enrich and strengthen our community.
7710 SE 34th StMercer Island, WA 98040
December 21, 2022
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours per month