Kinship Outreach Program Provider
ORGANIZATION: Volunteers of America Northern Colorado Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
- The ideal volunteer will be someone with lived experience as a Grandparent/Kinship Caregiver (having taken on the role of a primary caregiver of a grandchild/sibling/family member). Experience in family navigator roles or a social work degree/background is a plus.
- Volunteers can work from home via zoom with the ability to meet at Grand Family Coalition office on occasion.
- Volunteers will act as the primary support person to a grand family/kinship caregiver to help identify the needs of the family.
- Volunteers will guide a grandfamily/kinship caregiver to the resources for grandfamily/kinship care providers from the Grand Family Coalition extensive library of resources that meet their specific needs. (TANF application, legal resources, special education programs, school outreach programs and community resources).
- Volunteers will have no more than one or two caregivers at a time.
- Volunteer will make contact once a month with caregiver for a wellness check.
- Volunteer will be required to attend a monthly Staff Debrief via Zoom Conference.
- Work is primarily done by phone and email communication. Very little transportation is needed to make contact with the client and accommodation can be made to fit the needs of the volunteer
About Volunteers of America Northern Colorado Services
405 Canyon Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521, US
Volunteers of America Colorado Branch seeks to identify and serve the basic needs of the most vulnerable individuals and families in the community.
The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Volunteers of America provides volunteer opportunities for individuals 55 years and older to use their skills, insight and lifetime experiences to assist residents and non-profit agencies in the county. RSVP also offers a variety of programs which provide services and enhance the quality of life for seniors.
Multiple locations Loveland, CO 80538
December 20, 2022
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- • 1-5 hours a month for each caregiver • A commitment of (12) twelve months is requested, but not required