ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional Disaster Action Team (DAT) responses. The Duty Officer supports the DAT program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies events in RC Respond.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
- Proficient with Red Cross systems and online interfaces
- Sit and/or stand for minimum two-hour periods
- Work for long periods on computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Wautoma, WI 54982
December 9, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Work remotely from comfort of home. Minimum 4 on-call shifts per month. All on-call shifts currently available. 6am-12pm 12pm-3pm 3pm-6pm 6pm-10pm 10pm-6am
- To learn more or apply online, please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer.