1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Most of the 60,000 emergencies that the Red Cross responds to each year are local, personal disasters like home fires. Disaster Action Teams (DAT) provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery. The Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses. The Duty Officer supports the DAT program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
- Triages requests received to determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of event to escalate the DAT response when necessary.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- May support and train new Duty Officers.
- Liaises necessary information to leadership and other stakeholders
- May be tasked with composing Initial Incident Reports (IIR) dependent upon regional processes
- Ensures response compliance in accordance with the DAT Standards and Procedures
- Maintains close working relationship with DAT Regional Program Lead, Chapter/Territory DAT Coordinators and Regional RC Respond Application Lead to ensure responders are identified and scheduled.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and ensures their assignment as the Duty Officer in the call record in RC Respond.
- Manages all DAT calls and activities in RC Respond
- Identifies available DAT responders and dispatches team to ensure appropriate resourcing to meet client needs.
- Activates Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care, and Public Affairs when requested.
- Maintains ongoing communication with all assigned responders and ensures timely updates are reflected in the RC Respond call record to reflect movement to a status of On Scene and Off Scene.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Monitors all active calls while assigned, moving them to a status of Closed upon completion in RC Respond. If an event has not concluded, provide necessary information upon shift change.
- Notifies Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contributes to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Manages availability by registering for shifts in RC Respond.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Maintains RC Respond Duty Officer user access
- Reliable access to a computer, internet, and a phone.
- Comfortable using and learning new technology
- Commitment to use RC Care and RC Respond systems as needed
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in complex, rapidly changing and stressful situations.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work for long periods on a computer
- Ability to speak clearly on the phone
- Willingness to comply with current public health and Red Cross policies
- If no prior DAT experience, take part in a ride along on a DAT response or tabletop DAT response exercise.
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Mequon, WI 53092
February 29, 2024
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Work remotely from comfort of home. Minimum 4 on-call shifts per month.
- To learn more or apply online, please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer.