Tutor our youth and children
ORGANIZATION: I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
Becoming a Virtual Tutor - Volunteer
I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation provides free tutoring program in order to assist students who are experiencing difficulties in school and are performing under grade level or need that academic support. As a small non-profit company, I'RAISE annually matches up to 40 volunteer tutors with students (tutees).
Volunteer Tutors spend one and a half hour a week helping students (tutees) by:
- Providing guidance and share helpful advices beneficial to their tutee's academic future
- Using their expertise and experience to help equip their tutee with academic skills that empowers them and builds up their confidence
- Assessing the needs of their tutee and create a curriculum specifically designed for their tutee to meet their academic needs
- Reviewing tutee's classroom or curriculum topics and assignments and teaching their tutee the skills to improve academic performance, including study strategies, note-taking skills and approaches to answering test questions
- Tracking progress of their tutee
- Must be 15+ years old and no prior experience is required
- Commit to at least one tutor - tutee session per week, as little as one and a half hour a week
- Flexible weekday volunteer times
- Complete the required virtual tutor orientation and have access to a computer and reliable wifi for online tutoring
- Agree to the terms of our Tutor code of conduct
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10467, US
I’RAISE Boys & Girls International Corporation is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization in New York City founded in 2012. We have been providing free tutoring, mentoring and coaching services, virtual performance classes, college preparation program, nutrition workshops, and parent education program. As a minority led non-profit organization with leaders that are women of colors, we feel so much pride and we are so proud being able to provide beneficial resources to the children in under-resourced areas in New York City in-person and multiple-states virtually. And we have been successful in providing these services because of our volunteers. Come volunteer with us as we strive to make positive changes in children's life and be a safe haven that they can rely on!
- Marketing Volunteer
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Finance Volunteer
- Human Resources Volunteer
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 5, 2023
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training